NT650 Hawk.... damn another one!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

customizedcreationz

Reaction score
http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mcy/5022205147.html

Another bike I always wanted to get.... man toys popping up all over.

00C0C_dspE3dUulba_600x450.jpg
00v0v_by3XPUFy7uz_600x450.jpg

Yes, the Hawk 650 is a cult bike, and a predecessor to the Suzuki SV650. Good design, advanced frame and wheels, never owned one, but I found one I almost did.

I once went to a garage sale where they advertised "two motorcycles," which turned out to be a first-year VFR750 w/about 40 K mi. on it, and a Hawk 650, w/something like 13K mi. Neither ran, though I did see them turn-over, so no frozen engines. She wanted too-much for the condition they were in, so I passed. What really caught my eye was under a tarp in the driveway, in front of the rear garage. I recognized the shape, asked if I could take a peek, and sure enough, a 356C series Porsche, in running, unmolested state. It belonged to a German friend who did business here occasionally, and kept it at her home for when he was in town. I offered her $8K cash, and she said she would speak to him. I heard from her a couple days later, and he wanted $14K and I heard he accepted $13K, not from me. My wife wouldn't allow the expenditure. The sheet metal was nearly perfect and the engine compartment was pretty-clean. One that got away.

I really like that one Todd good find, you should go buy it just so I can see it in person ! LOL

The only things I did not care for on the NT650 was the single sided swingarm and the fact that it only had a single disk up front. If I were to get one, I would want to see about slipping an NT700 motor into it (bored out to 750cc) and convert that engine to chain drive. That and swap out the front end for one from a 998 Superhawk

Back