o to 60 in ? Seconds!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thundermax

Reaction score
I am curious about how many seconds it takes to go from 0 to 60 on a stock Vmax that is tuned well.

Recently rode in my brother-in-laws 2013 Camaro SS. I think it was less than 5 seconds.

Wondering about a race between his car and my vmax.

I don't think the car stands a chance, the power/weight ratio is still better on Max I reckon.

Could be wrong though, cars are getting faster, what with the traction control etc

i found an old cycle world article.....right around 5.4 for the max

altho....some say 3.5... so idk lol pretty fast!!! i tend to believe the 3.5 :)

Last edited:
Well, 60mph is second gear, right? So just think, fast first gear (no spin or wheelie), in goes 2nd, vboost, over 60.

Yea, 3.5s sounds about right :)

i found an old cycle world article.....right around 5.4 for the max

Not questioning what you read but it's got to be faster than that. Not the best it can do I'm sure.

The Gen 2 does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds I don't know of a car or another bike for that matter that will touch that. (probably something ridiculously expensive out there that might)

With a decent launch (no tire spin, or wheelie) the Camaro wouldn't stand a chance against any year VMax. IMO

Not questioning what you read but it's got to be faster than that. Not the best it can do I'm sure.

The Gen 2 does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds I don't know of a car or another bike for that matter that will touch that. (probably something ridiculously expensive out there that might)

With a decent launch (no tire spin, or wheelie) the Camaro wouldn't stand a chance against any year VMax. IMO

i though the same thing.:biglaugh:

I clocked mine at 2.7 0-60 using math to figure out the et from 1/4 mile runs.

So I would say 3 seconds is probably pretty good guesstimation.

Todd

So I would say 3 seconds is probably pretty good guesstimation.

Todd

OOPs ..I've been braggin to the "kids" at work about my new vmax.. I told em it was 0-60 in 2 seconds.. just a small white lie I guess.

I'm just gonna stick with that though. (cant change my story now) The only bikes that these people have are: 2012 streetglide, 78 GS550 , a 70?sportster 1200 , a Royal star, and some banged up homemade chopper. I'd be waaay ahead by the time I hit 60.. heheheheheheh

T$

My boss has a 505 H.P. Z06 Vette and my Gen 1 will eat it up so it would have to be a bear of a car to beat it:punk:

If I could keep the wheel spin in first and second to a minimum SkullDuggery would do well. Strafer is in milder state of
tune but probably faster 0-60. I can keep it from smokin the rear tire... I'd say 3 seconds + or - depending on the road conditions...

Latest posts

Back