O2/lambda sensor position

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wildweasel_pt

Reaction score
Hi all

Im considering installing an A/F monitor with a O2/lambda sensor on one of my bikes. This is for easier tuning of the flatslides i want to install on a different configuration rather than PCW or VGas. My question is where is the best position to place the sensor in order to get the best reading of A/F ratio? I know that the best option would be to have a monitor for each header/carb but thats unfeasible and i only want to have a way to have a quick check of how A/F goes and the difference between carbs if much can be checked by header and plug discoloration... My exhaust configuration is 4 into 2 with a crossover between front headers underneath gearbox... Im assuming that on the crossover could be theoretically the best place because it has the flow from both sides of the bike but the flow might be less than enough and the lesser temperature may also be a factor. Any input will be very appreciated. Thanks all...

Back