O2 sensor location

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ZX1441r

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a full Hindle system and the O2 sensor seems to be pointing downward slightly, anybody else see that on these systems?? Everything I've read says they should be pointing slightly up or better. Should I have any concerns, running a PCV with auto tune/target tune....

I'm not sure it's been an issue but they are wanting to maybe keep moisture accumulation off the sensor. Shouldn't be an issue.

O2 sensor should not point/angle down, they will get moisture and prematurely fail. Recommended to be between 3:00/9:00 and 12:00.
Not straight up at 12 either because of heat. Depending on how you want to use your autotune you might be ok. If you want to use autotune to make a map and then turn it off, I would use it since it's already there. If you want to keep it turned on forever, then it might not be a good idea, thinking it may fail more often and screw up your tune while riding.

Autotune can’t modify map when running, it only make corrections to existing map/tune and user has to approve these changes ie. download corrected values to PC. Or am I wrong?

The ECU has the actual fuel map in it. When you add the Dynojet stuff the main fuel modification is in the PCV, since it is an add-on computer. When you add the Autotune it has a Target AFR and a trim table. The trim table is the difference in fuel requirements either up or down from the target AFR. This table is stored so as you ride it gets closer and closer to being 100% correct to your target. Think of the ECU having the base fuel table; then add/subtract the PCV fuel table, the add/subtract the trim table to it. The result is what's actually sent to the fuel injectors.

At that point you can write the trim table to the PCV if you want, but don't have to, although I would recommend it. Depending on how far out your PCV fuel map is you may have to because the autotune can only correct so much; it's made for small changes really.

O2 sensor should not point/angle down, they will get moisture and prematurely fail. Recommended to be between 3:00/9:00 and 12:00.
Not straight up at 12 either because of heat. Depending on how you want to use your autotune you might be ok. If you want to use autotune to make a map and then turn it off, I would use it since it's already there. If you want to keep it turned on forever, then it might not be a good idea, thinking it may fail more often and screw up your tune while riding.
Looks more like 4:00 to me and yes the amount of change is controlled by the user although it comes factory with a 20% possible change which you can program less as you build your map.

Latest posts

Back