Odd CL ad (gen 2 motor in gen 1 frame)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gamorg02

Reaction score
i gotta imagine hes full of it, but interesting nonetheless:

Screenshot_2014-06-14-09-29-53.png

email exchange:

me:

Do you have any updated pics? Those pics still show a generation 1 engine in it..

him:

I have a 90 Vmax that was in an acc. An where I got the motor there is a 11 vmx but the cover where smashed an not sure if it still runs, but I can sell you the 90 for 1500$ an I can swap the motor for you he wants 7 for the 11.

me:

I would like to know how you fit in all new engine into an old frame, as I did not think it is possible .

him:

It wasn't easy, buddy of mine worked with yamaha since 85 he knows the bike inside an out.

me:

But you don't have any pictures of it?

him:

What are you a cop!

I've been drag racing Vmx since 85 when I tell you it was to much for the older Vmx , we had to remove the stock air box an I think there was some welding also, like I said I wasn't there for the whole job, it took weeks to do. With the weight difference with the newer motor. An I needed the money rite away for a new project .

What a mistake I've gotten three text in the last half hour. I was going to put 9000$ or bust offer, but I needed to sell it fast, I'll let you no when the other one is finished ,

me:

I'd love to see some pics of the work if you could get some.

him:

Ya my buddy has pic. But he's putting them in a magazine , I'll let you no when it comes out,

His picture is next to the word "FUCKTARD" in the dictionary. A gen two motor is obviously much different.
And not an honest mistake on the year model motor he put in it either since he referred to "when it had a 1200 in it" then he is definitely implying the motor is bigger.

And the email exchange only reinforces his fucktardeness.

Reminds me of the Allisons in a FIAT, a Crosley, a Ford Anglia or Ford Thames. I guess anything is possible, but I'd bet against this actually being something you could use. Don't the techies call things like this, "vaporware?":rofl_200:
http://youtu.be/WfVIxxSkDqw

Here's the link to the ad. It even has stock Gen 1 pipes on it!!

Yup, he's a lying sack of shit.....

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Damn. I was hoping when I clicked on this thread that I'd actually get to see a G1 with a G2 motor in it!. Ever since I got my vmax I'd been wanting to see that conversion, but never was able to find any builds/vids/anything. Does the forum know if anybody has done the swap?

Knowing how the stock frame is flexing I'm not sure that would be a good idea. I'm sure there will better frame candidate for it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Damn. I was hoping when I clicked on this thread that I'd actually get to see a G1 with a G2 motor in it!. Ever since I got my vmax I'd been wanting to see that conversion, but never was able to find any builds/vids/anything. Does the forum know if anybody has done the swap?
Yeah that was the dream, but I have this mockup pic which has g2 motor stuffed in what looks like a mostly stock g1 frame:

Attachments

• n_a.jpg
    n_a.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 60

Gen 2 engines are so expensive I don't think you'll see that anytime soon. They are much better left with the modern frame, brakes and suspension that comes stock on the Gen 2.

I could barely read the email exchange.

Typically, if someone can't create sentences, they're not someone I want to do business with.

Knowing how the stock frame is flexing I'm not sure that would be a good idea. I'm sure there will better frame candidate for it.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
They do have means out there to stiffen up the frame considerably. I imagine everyone who stuffs a turbo onto one of the 1st Gen motors, or has someone such as Sean build up a bruiser 1500cc engine, does this.

Gen 2 engines are so expensive I don't think you'll see that anytime soon. They are much better left with the modern frame, brakes and suspension that comes stock on the Gen 2.
How much do some of the custom 1st Gen engines cost, compared to a stock 2nd Gen motor?

Other than the "WOW" factor of doing this, I have a hard time seeing any real advantage to running a 2nd Gen motor, when you can build a 1st Gen motor up to just about match.

Latest posts

Back