Odyssey PC 680

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, that is a great price! I piced mine up 3 years ago for $120 w/ free shipping. No problems since install, in fact I haven't touched it other than to check connections for tightness and corrosion. I have done the crimp fix, run a GPS on occasion, and have 2 relays for my headlight (55/100 bulb). Great battery!

Yeah, good price! I could have picked it up locally for $135 plus $13 state tax for $148 total, but I'd rather save the $40 and do the 3 -4 day wait for shipping. One other site wanted $109, but charged for the "L" connector kit @ $5.95. The connector kit is included at SEP. Some places just want every single nickle in your pocket and hope you don't search the web very well. I do...I scratch and dig as much as I can. Free shipping and no tax are a must! Dan

where was this post a month and a half ago... gawd damn. i payed 230 cdn for mine retail.... sigh.

peace,
evan...

Recieved it today...so 5 day shipping from FLA to Washington state. Simple 30 min install. Great price @ $109 shipped. Peace of mind increased 100%.

From a 2011 post:
I just returned from visiting Odyssey Southeast in Ft. Lauderdale FL. They ship wholesale anywhere, so I think if someone wants to get set-up w/them, they can get ahold of the office, the manager is [email protected]

They discussed charging & the need to have the proper battery charging done. They said the 1st charge should be from 14.4 to 14.8 V & maintenance from 13.5-13.8 V. Evidently the type of charger is important, I think there is a function on their website where you can check your charger's operation & see if it meets the requirements to offer the best service life. Two-yr. warranty.
Attached Thumbnails

New content, 5/19/12:
A good battery and a checked-out primary and secondary ignition circuit, and a functional charging circuit make all the difference. I'm glad your battery is doing the job.
Remember Sean's easy no-cost battery box mod to fit the Gold Wing battery instead of the VMax's.

"Heck, Mine cost $77.95.....................7 years ago! I wonder how long they last? That does seem like a great price. maybe I should order one."
Next week, I'll be ordering a 680 to replace the six year old one in my bike at present. I believe it's in the "failure mode" - It won't hold a charge above 12.5 volts, and a "heavy" load (four tailight bulbs, 60 watt high beam, two 37watt driving lights, plus the fan) will knock it down to 12.1 v.,even at 3-4000 rpm.
One thing for certain - these AGM batteries fail slowly, unlike the conventional lead-acid.
If anyone can find some info on the internet specific to AGM battery failure characteristics, please link them in a post. I couldn't find anything.
Cheers!

Hey guys, getting this battery today. is there any difference between a pc680 and pc680-p or are they identical? Need to know before 4 today!!! Please help! thank you!

Hey guys, getting this battery today. is there any difference between a pc680 and pc680-p or are they identical? Need to know before 4 today!!! Please help! thank you!

Don't know about the " P " . The only option I'm aware of is the PC 680 - MJ for Metal Jacket ( high heat applications )

Well it looks like they got a bit cheaper. Here is a copy of my order for an Odyssey PC680 from SEP Battery.

ItemSkuQtySubtotalOdyssey PC680 Drycell Battery 12691$95.00 Subtotal $95.00 Shipping & Handling $0.00 Grand Total $95.00

Thank you again,
Stored Energy Products, Inc.

Todd

Have a couple of questions. Do I need any hardware, i.e. the L brackets etc.? Or can I just screw the connections right to the terminals? I assume the battery comes with the screws needed.

Thanks

The odyssey comes with the screws needed.
It dies not have that stupid "cage and floating nut" post like the stocker.

Just a threaded boss and a bolt.

Back