OE Carbon Fiber tins - to paint, or trade for rough tins to paint

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

acammer

Reaction score
Well, I pretty much knew from the get go that I would be doing paint on this bike at some point, and as I'm starting to line up what I want to do, I'm trying to decide if I should just use my OE carbon fiber tins, or if those are rare/special enough to bother trading them plus some cash for some single color tins, maybe something in good shape, but needs paint anyways. So, are the OE carbon fiber painted tins worth anything special, or I should I just shoot them?

Mine are in good shape, there are a few light scratches in the clear of the faux cover, and the rear fender needs a little buff to bring out some flat-ness in the paint where the PO used to carry a bag of some sort, but overall a good set, and with a little treatment would be a very good set.

Interested to hear what you guys think.

I painted over mine just depends on who you talk to. I have several sets of bodywork if end wanting to make some kind of deal. I have one set that is primed & ready to paint . I have 2 bikes I am painting right now & I could paint these next just pm me & let me know if you are interested.

I painted over mine just depends on who you talk to. I have several sets of bodywork if end wanting to make some kind of deal. I have one set that is primed & ready to paint . I have 2 bikes I am painting right now & I could paint these next just pm me & let me know if you are interested.

Kyle - I will definitely keep that in mind. I have a local painter who also happens to be a very good friend, so he's hard to beat price-wise. Either way, I'm probably still a few months out from pulling the trigger on paint, until my riding season is wrapped up for the year and I can pull the tins. We'll see what a few others think about the carbon fiber stuff, if somebody wants that specific look it would be a shame to spray them, Yamaha did a decent job with them, if that look is your thing. Bike is too dark for me as is, I need some sunset orange metallic on there with some black strips or something!

I'm in Hamburg, NY with a 2000 Carbon Fiber VMax that was laid down just before I bought it and would be More than willing to swap faux tank covers with you.
Mine has a few dings but should be fine for Paint with minimal effort.
See the attached Pic, I can add more if you need them.
Think about it and let me know via PM, if you are ever willing to consider a Swap.

Attachments

• Faux_Tank_Dings.jpg
    Faux_Tank_Dings.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 21
Back