OEM Fly Screen

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good Jeff! , you can get your custom hat on and make some screens that are a little taller so that the wind won't belt ya in the face. I bet they would sell like hotcakes.:punk:

that would be sick guys. I appreciate the help. I will definitely let ya know sean....

In the meantime if sean can dig up a bracket i will definitely order one from ya. I just wanna make sure the screen is fine at a good clip. I think i'd either tint it 100% or paint it black. Not sure how either would look to be honest...

that would be sick guys. I appreciate the help. I will definitely let ya know sean....

In the meantime if sean can dig up a bracket i will definitely order one from ya. I just wanna make sure the screen is fine at a good clip. I think i'd either tint it 100% or paint it black. Not sure how either would look to be honest...

Before you get too excited, remember this isn't as clean of a bend as the original but it should work, I may try to get some thicker plexiglass and see what I can do. And instead of painting it black, look back in this post and you can see where I put on some black vinyl window tint on the back side of the screen. The best thing is if you don't like it, you can remove it.

Jeff

I do remember seeing your tint, that looked real nice.

If you get other ones done w/ thicker glass shoot up some pics again or send some hi-res ones this way.

I've never seen the original in person so i don't think i'd notice a difference either way!

i know we were talking about possibly making one out of a bracket, but i found one on ebay for $110 with shipping. seems a bit high, but if i wanted a legit one, are they hard to find? Can you still get them from yamaha?

They are still available that I know of though I have not called to verify it. They were under $100 on the last one I bought. I have one new in the box as well as one of the medium sized ones. I do have at least one and maybe two bracket sets left. If they could be made taller then stock that would be nice.

Sean

nice. good info.

sean, you are not interested in selling the one still in the box eh?

I do keep them on hand many times to sell but need to make sure what the current price and availability is. If they are backordered or not being made they will bring more money. Feel free to email me directly - [email protected]

Sean

interesting... superbiketoystore said they have them in stock, ship w/in 5 days but not sure if i trust an unknown store 100%.

email sent to you sean!

Sean's the man!!!

Ordered it from him Friday night and it was waiting for me when i got home last night. put it on and took some pics before i left this morning. I love the look but def gonna try some spray-on tint over the winter. too cold to try it out but maybe later this week or weekend!

it seems to sit a bit higher than other people's, but i think its just the angle of the pics taken b/c the holes all line up and whatnot. Plus it really helps cover up the hole introduced by the aftermarket headlight..

thanks again Sean!

Attachments

• SSPX0067.jpg
    SSPX0067.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 68
  • SSPX0068.jpg
    SSPX0068.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 52
  • SSPX0069.jpg
    SSPX0069.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 68
  • SSPX0070.jpg
    SSPX0070.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 73
That looks awesome ,...bought mine to cut down the chest wind in the morning.
You will appreciate it .
The tint would look kewl ,....I love that paint scheme ,...
It gave me an idea for theme paint that I wanted to do ,...but I've been told by peeps that the metal flake pearl yellow looks very nice,..... also seems like alot of black bikes on the road around here; And i hate following the grain...lol .
Hence the MAX in the first place ,..VIVLA MAX. :cheers:

That looks awesome ,...bought mine to cut down the chest wind in the morning.
You will appreciate it .
The tint would look kewl ,....I love that paint scheme ,...
It gave me an idea for theme paint that I wanted to do ,...but I've been told by peeps that the metal flake pearl yellow looks very nice,..... also seems like alot of black bikes on the road around here; And i hate following the grain...lol .
Hence the MAX in the first place ,..VIVLA MAX. :cheers:

Thanks Razor! Much appreciated. I think it will also be nice to duck behind something when i'm really gunning it too!

I think i'm going to try to tint, rather than paint so I can always re-do the design or whatever.

An idea I had was put like 3" of solid black on each side of the outside of the cowl. Then in the inside put like a long tribal or something. My brother is an artist i bet he could could something out of tint that would look sick. maybe something like this...

Attachments

• aba-1fk04-00-30-500.jpg
    aba-1fk04-00-30-500.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 62
Go to Boxenstopp and check out the replacement windshield on page 21 of the catolog. Might be the answer to those wishing for a little taller OEM windscreen. Warning it is a little pricy though, but comes in colors!

OK so I ended up tinting my flyscreen with some of the sheet stuff out of the box, but as i'm sure most of you know its a pain b/c the plastic is so moulded...

here's my question, has anyone had any luck with a spray on tint? i'd like to make some designs as well in it which would require the spray on. I'm sure i could get some stuff to work well but i'd want it removable.. anyone ever heard of such a thing? the closest I could find is the following:

http://www.vhtpaint.com/windowtint.html

some of VHT's other stuff (such as tail-light tint) says it will NOT be removable from plastic and this one doesn't so i wasn't sure...

i'd also be up for using just regular opague black paint i guess if it was able to withstand water n whatnot and I could remove it later on with some paint (laquer) thinner or something relatively easily...

i'd probably install all of it on the inside of the screen...

anyways anyone have any thoughts on this?

called VHT.. they said their window tint isn't recommended for plexiglass or any porous material. i could use their nite-shade line, but thats going to be permanent... hmm damn.. too bad theres no like spray on tint vinyl or something...

Here is my fly screen tinted with satin black powdercoat on the bracket.

Attachments

• DSC00550.jpg
    DSC00550.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 57
Looks great! I should paint my flyscreen bracket black. I like your blackened forks and triples too!

I generally don't like the look of the flyscreens.....but yours looks like it belongs!
Good job.

Dale #2592

:eusa_dance:

Dale, Thanks for the comment

Mark, I am sold on the powder coating over painting. It looks great and it is very durable.

Latest posts

Back