• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to VMAX Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

OEM Gen 2 Saddlebags?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP168

Reaction score
Looking for Gen 2 OEM / factory saddlebags or something that looks equally excellent. I’m new to Vmax. I bought a 2009 this February and I’m learning saddlebags are a tricky topic. Has anyone successfully used universal bag supports and aftermarket bags? Any advice and pictures will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and sorry if I’m beating a dead horse x_x

1615838418786.png

Soft Saddlebags. I started making some brackets for some hardbags I picked up for cheap, but never finished.

Last edited:
There is a bracket from Marz that I have on my 09. It works fairly well to support soft bags, and is a tie point for bungees to hold everything in place.

I started working on a set up for mounting full size hard bags but got off it since it is too dam cold in my garage to screw with it. I'm a function over form guy so I'm looking of some reasonable storage that will hold up to some serious riding.

I'll be getting back on the hard bags thing soon. I'll be posting when done.

Looking for Gen 2 OEM / factory saddlebags or something that looks equally excellent. I’m new to Vmax. I bought a 2009 this February and I’m learning saddlebags are a tricky topic. Has anyone successfully used universal bag supports and aftermarket bags? Any advice and pictures will be much appreciated.
Thanks in advance and sorry if I’m beating a dead horse x_x
I had OEM accessory saddlebags on my 09. My opinion is don't waste your time. They are fixed on the bike and absolutely tiny. I used to ride my bike to work on occasion and had to put one safety shoe in each side as they wouldn't fit in one bag. They'll handle small items but are useless as a touring accessory.

The ones I'm working on are made by Shad. I'd never heard of them before. They are actually beautiful bags. I forget the size but plenty big. And the make a luggage that fits inside.

The ones I'm working on are made by Shad. I'd never heard of them before. They are actually beautiful bags. I forget the size but plenty big. And the make a luggage that fits inside.
That's great! My advice is based solely on my experience with the accessory offering from Yamaha. Quality was good but functionality was poor. If the Shad option looks good, hopefully it will work just as well for you.

Definitely post up when you get them done. I e seen several of the shad bags and wondered if they would work with a gen 2.

Definitely post up when you get them done. I e seen several of the shad bags and wondered if they would work with a gen 2.
I certainly will. I'll document what I did so others can do the same if they wish.

Hanging them is the easy part. Coming up with a forward attachment point is a little bit of a problem. Once I have them hung, I'll be able to work on a solution.

Back