OEM original tools question

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elimax

Reaction score
Hi folks:

I'm trying to find out if you know of any place I can buy an OEM Yamaha tool that appears to be no longer manufactured.

It's a damper rod holder (part # YM-01445) for the 1994 YZF750 USD forks I've installed on my Max. I cannot find ANYONE ANYWHERE who still sells this! (And believe me, I've tried.) I've also consulted methods for homemade tools to do this, but the YZF750 sites I've posted on are fruitless, and I'm not sure the homemade tools I have seen will work on these particular forks

I've tried the 2 person technique of compressing the forks as far as they go to tighten the damperrod bolt, after replacing the copper washer on the damper rod bolt, but the dang bolt will NOT tighten, and the fork is still slowly leaking oil.

Anyway, the Yamaha part # YM-01445 (Damper Rod Holder.)

Any suggestions?

Thanks muchly.

Elimax

make your own. it will be much much cheaper.

You could check this out: http://www.vmaxforum.net/showthread.php?t=4813&highlight=damper+tool

I have a loner tool which I know fits the damper rod on a '99 v max but no idea of any other applications.

Are you putting in the same allen bolt you initially removed? Think I'd be tempted to remove the damper rod and thread the allen bolt in on the bench....almost sounds like it's bottoming out before it gets tight???:confused2:

Did you replace the copper washer?

I've been in some USD forks before but never YZF ones. The philosphy is pretty much the same I'm sure. You should be able to install the bolt with an impact wrench. Be sure to use some loct tite.

Latest posts

Back