oem stly flysceen color change

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mymax04

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the correct catagory but, heres my idea. oem flyscreen hardware & replace the platic w clear/yellow. I like the yellow thing & kinda have this dream of going back yo the old yamaha yellow/black paint if I ever think of a way to incorporate it on the max. so far I have a yellow shiftlight, back lights are yellow, headlightis a form of yellow (when its on) blueish when its off & yellow antifreeze. So I take an oem flyscreen to a plastics place and they said they would have to "make" a form ($150)... the labor to make the piece ($75) ...and material ($20) .... Im like dammmmm do I get to keep the form? they said ya, (even though I have no idea what I would do w it.) Then the deal breaker.... maybe. They said the contoured curves on the side or whatever they are called, they said that they wouldnt beable to make it have those. so now what. Im still thinkinking on whether to have them go that far & not have a piece that Im happy with....

redbone had a place that made them already different colours. REDBONE PAGING REDBONE!

Whaaa! I'm gonna have to dig that one up, totally escaping my memory ATM. Could be that I just stepped out of 2 hours training on VMware.:confused2:

it may be the site those guys are listing above.

good stuff. we own VMware.

I have used them for close to 30 years, quick, efficient, honest; they provide quality products which fit correctly. Lots of custom choices if you wish. And, Made in America!:clapping:

Quick hijack question is it expesive to buy mounting hardware for stock fly screen??? After you posted that firemetic I really like they make a dark blue!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

For the mounting hardware I think you're going to have to wait for someone on the forum to tell you they have a set. You could always fabricate a set if you took your time, they're just sheet metal. I doubt the pieces are available any more from Yamaha. GIVI makes a close replica, and it's made for the Gen I.

Ten four that's what I figured. Plenty of aluminum sheetmetal at work. Just found possibly if it stays cheap enough.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

it may be the site those guys are listing above.

good stuff. we own VMware.
I think you may be right, I haven't used them but looks like a good source with a lot of tools for DIY.
VMware looks good, running on Cisco ucs, three blades to start. Were starting small, rolling out 8-10 servers and 20 users. Soon as we get everything running how we like then we'll rolling out to get as many of the close to 400 users hooked up. Were only a 6 person department so this will help a lot with hardware service calls, hopefully!

Back