OEM Yamaha mini III windshield with mounts brand new

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SDB

Reaction score
Picking this up tomorrow...teading some Road Star parts for it.... If I decide not to use what is it worth?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201210-214605_Messages.jpg
    Screenshot_20201210-214605_Messages.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 72
Pretty-sure those were < $100 new. I'd suggest something around that $100, shipped, though if you go on auction websites you probably can find someone offering a used one, 'buy it now,' for $200.

The Italian one (GIVI), an aftermarket piece, offers a bit-more coverage and it has a cool V-Max cutout in the mounting band. It's $116.
Givi Windscreen (Yamaha V-Max 1200, all years) - Twisted Throttle

You can get a different shield for it, taller, and colored, from Gustafson Plastics in St. Augustine FL. Yamaha V-Max Windshield – Gustafsson Plastics (bikescreen.co
m)
GIVI Vmax windscreen.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty-sure those were < $100 new. I'd suggest something around that $100, shipped, though if you go on auction websites you probably can find someone offering a used one, 'buy it now,' for $200.

The Italian one (GIVI), an aftermarket piece, offers a bit-more coverage and it has a cool V-Max cutout in the mounting band. It's $116.
Givi Windscreen (Yamaha V-Max 1200, all years) - Twisted Throttle

You can get a different shield for it, taller, and colored, from Gustafson Plastics in St. Augustine FL. Yamaha V-Max Windshield – Gustafsson Plastics (bikescreen.co
m)
View attachment 74212
I bought one of those vmax logo'd ones the other day on ebay. Looks good, time will tell if it stops the buffeting and helmet lift?

Well I'm getting everything in pic here in a bit... Soo how it works....

The givi makes a huge difference, I live in Montana where the speed limit is 80. At 80 it helps a lot. It is also stable at 125+.

in Montana where the speed limit is 80..

That has to be the highest speed limit in USA, the states I was in RI, MA, NY, TX are almost pedestrian at 50 mph but that was nearly 20 years ago so maybe things have got faster.

I believe some Texas areas are 85. We had "reasonable and prudent " for a while, but it was a bit too open for interpretation.

I bought one of those vmax logo'd ones the other day on ebay. Looks good, time will tell if it stops the buffeting and helmet lift?
I would be interested what you think of that windscreen. I have the Yamaha Bullet and it doesn't do much to keep the wind off you.

Maybe someone else can input.

Back