off to the Dragon

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daves86vmax

Reaction score
took the bike for a little 85 mile test run tonight after changing the r/r and it everything seems fine so i changed the oil and filter and tomorrow after work shes onto a trailer and we're off to NC/TN to do some ridin.i'll bring back some pics and vids of the trip,i plan on being down there wed thru sat.

made it back late saturday from Deals Gap.Rode about 750 miles while there on mainly twisties,talk about chewing up a front tire.awesome roads,views and people down there.we rode the dragon 12x,rode the cherahola skyway 4x and pretty much most the roads around the Robbinsville NC area..the moonshiner,the hellbender.not only are the roads a blast but the quality of the asphalt ther in way better than around here.If you ever get the chance to go,go..you can't not have fun.Rained on us once really hard and of course we were at the top of the Dragon when it hit,soaked all the way .

i would love to but i dont think i can pull it off.:bang head:that would be sweet though.a group of vmaxes pulling into there would be impressive..do you guys make a trip there annually,if so i could plan a trip down next year

I made it there last September and absolutely loved it. My 'florida worn' bold in the middle Shinkos loved it - I got to use the sides, finally! LOL

Amazing roads indeed, unfortunately we did have enough time and got a lot of rain, so I've yet to ride the Dragon in the dry. Definitely planning on doing this again though, amazing roads, scenery and people. And now I have SMM on the bike, I wanna have another blast on the Cherahola skyway and see if it wallows a bit less!

Back