Officially a new Gen 2 owner!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kdinkelman

Supporting Member
Reaction score
After years of waiting, I'm officially the owner of a lightly used '09 (4500 miles).

My wife, Kellie, decided to get me an early Christmas present. She wanted to surprise me, but she couldn't keep it a secret. That and the fact that she didn't know which one I preferred, the 2009 or 2014 that the local dealer had in stock.

We stopped by on Saturday to check out the 2009 that I had heard about from a friend. I couldn't say no to the used one with the 2010 bodywork.

Still keeping the '86 as that was always my dream bike. Now I'll have one to ride while I tear it down to the frame and clean /mod it up so that it fits better with the chrome Carrozzeria wheels we picked up last year for both Kellie's '94 and my '86.

Attachments

• My 2009 VMAX.jpg
    My 2009 VMAX.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 124
Congrats!!! So....which one are you taking to Topeka next year? That might be a tough choice.

Congrats!!! So....which one are you taking to Topeka next year? That might be a tough choice.

We'll have to wait and see! I haven't heard if we're going to have a dyno day next year. Either way, the gang from Omaha has been talking about making a weekend trip of it no matter what.

Right now, I'm hoping for a streets to clear up from the snow we had so that I can get it home! Kellie said to have the dealer deliver it, but I told her no way!

They're talking about it getting up to 32 on Friday. Since I have the day off anyway, it just might make it home.

That was the other reason. I had heard that red was the fastest color!

That is true the red ones are always faster! :worthy:

Glad to see you got a Gen II to join your two Gen I's. :eusa_dance: Definitely have an awesome wife, I'm hoping one day mine will surprise me with a Gen II as well!

Looks great Kent! Just take the windshield off then it's go time!

Nice bike you look good on the bike.

Congrats Kent! Kelly is quite the gal. WORD OF CAUTION: Resist any tempations you or Kelly may have to allow her seat time on that 09, otherwise you'll be making room for a second one soon. lol

I gotta ask....why the 2010 skins on a 2009? Hope it wasn't a rebuild from a crash.

You two need to give serious consideration to making the trip to Eureka in 2014. The 2014 dates are being hashed out as we type, but should be decided soon. I hope Sean will continue the Topeka Dyno Day tradition too, but there's just something about those South MO & Arkansas twisties that can not be fully explained in words or video.

PS. The red one is the slower of the two in my garage.....just sayin'...

No crash. This was previously owned by a local Doctor. He took great care of it! Kellie has a very critical eye and she couldn't find anything wrong with it. From what I heard, he just liked the 2010 color better after it came out. It's kind of funny, but he is the doctor that one of our other local VMax owners.

He also has a Rune. He wanted to by an F6B and had to make the choice of which one to give up. That would be a difficult choice. I didn't press to see if his wife made him do that.

I've been keeping my eye on the thread for the rally. Not sure what is coming up for this next year. We picked up a small camper this year, just to see if we liked it (Kellie wants to take the dogs along on vacations). Turns out that we really enjoy it, so we are looking at toy haulers now.

Back