Officially out of the sportbike world...

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

old timer

Reaction score
Just sold my RC51...had to come to terms with a 61 year old body riding a young mans race bike...:wave bye: Like Marcellus Wallace said in Pulp Fiction , that's just pride fuckin with you...:hammer bash:

I'll wait a little while before I tell youz guyz what I'm spending that money on...:peace out bike:

RC51 is a kick ass bike. I bet you will miss it....except for the leaned over riding position!

Sure do hate to say it , but I'm buying an 05 Softail Springer...:ummm:

Why you ask ? To give the V Max crowd someone to pick on...:biglaugh:

Here's the saving grace...I STILL have the Max...:punk:

Nothing wrong with that, everytime I go to Maui I rent one for a day and it was a comfortable ride. As long as you still have the Vmax your still in good grace. Joe

Whatever makes your day go by better. I don't have a H-D because they don't offer me the qualities I most use in a bike. Also, the cost is too-great for what you get. I have ,any friends who have them and I give & take w/them. I can see where people who are more into the ride than in adrenalin own them.

Nothing wrong with the Harley. I own a couple myself. They help fill in the blank spots between the VMax...SuperSport...DualSport.

Everything is so dang specialized anymore. Hard to find just one bike that does everything very well.

My thought is the HD for slow ' stop and smell the roses ' riding and the Max for ' everything else ' riding...:biglaugh:

Does it look like this one?:biglaugh:

More like this one...

vp2281190_1_large.jpg

:punk:

They are pretty, but I just can't wrap my head around a bike that is so expensive, less reliable than other bikes, slow for its displacement, and surrounded by a zombie-like cult.

They are pretty, but I just can't wrap my head around a bike that is so expensive, less reliable than other bikes, slow for its displacement, and surrounded by a zombie-like cult.
I'm clear on the slow part & the Harley culture.But Harley's are reliable.Been riding with them over 10 years & never had one break down on us.......EVER!!
:punk:

I had a 91 Sturgis I bought new in 90 for 8.5 years and the only problem was a carb recall/replacement. The carb? A Mikuni... :rofl_200:

I had an 06 sporster 1200, for 5 years, went to the shop once for new valve umbrellas to reduce the oil flow into the breather, that was it and covered under warranty. The bike still ran fine, never left me or my wife stranded. Very Reliable. i did have a dealer problem, one would not acknowledge the bike needed repair. I finally called Texan harley in Conroe, they said bring it up we will fix it while you wait. The day i showed up the harley test ride trailer was there. Talk about a great day. Have your bike fixed and ride 4 or 5 new bikes while you wait.
The springer i rode had a very smooth ride, noticable smoother than the other bikes.

Back