Oh Crap..................

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If just one of the moviegoers had been carrying, maybe this jerk could have been taken out before he got so many. But of course the liberals won't see it that way . . .

If all in the theatre were concealed carry , this would not have happened. Just saying. Prayers to the victums and families .

That's what I was thinking too..........One clean head shot from a carrying moviegoer would have ended this horrific act much sooner...........Thoughts and prayers are with the victims and families................Tom.

If all in the theatre were concealed carry , this would not have happened. Just saying. Prayers to the victums and families .

Yeah that's a good idea, several hundred people opening fire in a theater filled with tear gas. :rofl_200:
Assault weapons need to kept out of the hands of the crazies.. anybody have any ideas on how to do that?

Yeah that's a good idea, several hundred people opening fire in a theater filled with tear gas. :rofl_200:
Assault weapons need to kept out of the hands of the crazies.. anybody have any ideas on how to do that?
All the crazies will always have weapons. If they take away the 2nd ammendment and CHL's all there doing is disarming the good honest people. My thoughts are with the families.

Do away with the 2nd Amendment and "Only Outlaws Will Have Guns".......:confused2:

There can only be ONE reason for that, and that is that it is to easy for them to get their hands on them.
Sure it is a thief will be a thief they case out peoples house's & every other place they think they can steal from so then they have stuff not registered to them so if the goverment takes them from all the registered owners the thieves will still have there's & it will be open season on the honest people.

Golly Geee,,,where were our big, bad Buzz cut Police Officers...hmmmm,,

Arm yourself, protect yourself and family,,,all f-ing police do is write a report after the damage is done then get a fat pension after 20 years of "public service".

There was no assault weapons carried by this fuckhead, semi-autos all.

O

A lot of counties in NY have already made it nigh-impossible for honest people to carry. The amount of paperwork, waiting periods, testimonies, and sheer BS is astounding.

For example, in Saratoga county you have to

-Own a gun to be able to get a permit. But, you can't buy one until you have the permit. So you have to "pre-purchase" the gun at a store, as in pay for it, but it stays in the store's safe until all your paperwork is approved.

-The "usual" applications, background checks, ect
-You have to have lived in the county for at least 1 year. So if you just moved, out of luck.
-You have to know 5 people to "vouch" for your character, that have also lived in that county for at least 1 year, and will vouch they have known you for at least 5 years.

The "5 friends" thing is the kicker...there's strict time limits giving each "friend" a certain amount of time to reply. If they don't follow the directions for their forms and testimony, or don't send it back within a couple weeks, they are "void" as a friend and can no longer count. So you have go hounding people you know to make sure they do it right, and do it fast.

Someone at work here said it took over a year until they finally got their CC permit.

The criminals and crazies just hit up the local scumbag, hand over some cash, and get a gun. Honest people have dozens of government hoops to jump through, making it so difficult and time consuming it deters all but the most die-hard gun supporters. So, the law intended to "keep guns off the streets", ended up with exactly the opposite effect. It "keeps guns off honest people".

The criminals and crazies just hit up the local scumbag, hand over some cash, and get a gun. Honest people have dozens of government hoops to jump through, making it so difficult and time consuming it deters all but the most die-hard gun supporters. So, the law intended to "keep guns off the streets", ended up with exactly the opposite effect. It "keeps guns off honest people".

The idea there is to try to keep the guns out of the hands of the local "scumbags" so that they don't pass them on. In other words try to guarantee that the original purchaser is a honest law abiding citizen. I like that idea.

NY and NJ have pretty tough gun laws and are way down on the list of gun violence by state.

The idea there is to try to keep the guns out of the hands of the local "scumbags" so that they don't pass them on. In other words try to guarantee that the original purchaser is a honest law abiding citizen. I like that idea.

NY and NJ have pretty tough gun laws and are way down on the list of gun violence by state.

No, not that reason at all, they just want power over you and don't want you armed, they despise the Constitution they are sworn to protect.

If you are no felon, have no record of repeated minor infractions or drunk driving, losing license, and no record of insanity, you deserve to have a CCW, if you want one,,your right.

O

I carry every hour of every day just for this reason-We in Pa actually have some very good carry laws.... Maybe if someone in the theater had been legally armed it might have saved some lives- I would certainly have made an attempt to take down the gunman, as soon as the first shot was fired.

Chicago has some of the toughest "gun laws" in the country, and NO carry in Illinois at all. Take a look at the bodies stacking up (LITERALLY Chi-Towns morgues are overflowing). Go figure, the organized criminal networks have figured a way to get them anyway. Who'd a thunk it????
Has the drug war kept meth out of you cities??? Gimme a break....
How do we keep the Guns out of the hands of the bad guys????

Here's something to consider. A murderer walking the street without a gun is still a murderer.
Here's a concept. Instead of focusing on "keeping the guns out of the hands of the local "scumbags", hows about we focus on ridding our nation of the scumbags.
Think about it.

Yes I have a few.
If the "Crazies" are illegal immegrants deport them
If the "Crazies" are shooting at you or your loved ones, shoot them first.
If the "Crazies" are your children or neighbors, get them institutionalized.
If the "Crazies" demonstrate they can't play well with others, lock them up.
If the "Crazies" want the rest of us to pay for their party, we refuse.

For centuries men have defended themselves with lethal force when evil attempted to destroy them, but suddenly now we are told that that is impossible and wrong.
We are evolving into a nation of sheep. Sheep get slaughtered.

People get way out of hand when things like this happen.

They are now banning costumes, or plan just taking the movie out of the theater.

So what do you do. You take away more rights to the honest millions, in hopes that the dishonest 1000's will abide by new laws.

Seriously ?

So Chicago is a great example of taking guns away and the crime is astronomical.

Crime did not fall in England after handguns were banned in 1997. Quite the contrary, crime rose sharply. In May, the British government reported that gun crime in England and Wales nearly doubled in the last four years. Serious violent crime rates from 1997 to 2002 averaged 29% higher than 1996; robbery was 24% higher; murders 27% higher. Before the law, armed robberies had fallen by 50% from 1993 to 1997, but as soon as handguns were banned, the armed robbery rate shot back up, almost back to their 1993 levels. The violent crime rate in England is now double that in the United States.

Australia saw its violent crime rates soar after its 1996 gun control measures banned most firearms. Violent crime rates averaged 32% higher in the six years after the law was passed than they did the year before the law went into effect. Murder and manslaughter rates remained unchanged, but armed robbery rates increased 74%, aggravated assaults by 32%. Australia’s violent crime rate is also now double America’s. In contrast, the United States took the opposite approach and made it easier for individuals to carry guns. Thirty-seven of the 50 states now have right-to-carry laws that let law-abiding adults carry concealed handguns once they pass a criminal background check. Violent crime in the United States has fallen much faster than in Canada, and violent crime has fallen even faster inright-to-carry states than for the nation as a whole. The states with the fastest growth in gun ownership have also experienced the biggest drops in violent crime rates.

So the answer? Educate people. Don't take their given rights away. Whats next, more people are killed in car accidents then people walking..... so we ban people from driving.

How about we take the failed war on drugs money and use it to educate people.

Obviously I am extrememly biased in this area, because its my business. So I am very well informed.

But bottom line is.... taking the gun out of the hands of the law abiding citizen, is not the answer. I am not sure how anyone could see that as the answer. Or making laws so tough to own a firearm that people move away from that state, or those that don't have the ability to move, are stuck with silly laws that are a violation of our own constitution.

While we are taking gun rights away, why don't we take motorcycle rights away, hell we already took smoking rights away in Michigan ( which I am not really sad since I don't smoke, but its still the point ).

Todd

People being responsible,,,,,,how about Rodmans father, Philander, who proudly admits to fathering 26 kids with 10 different women and not being around for any of them.
:damn angry:

Some day we have to clean house before it is to late, one big enema.

O

Back