Oh what a tangled web we weave,

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tothemax93

Reaction score
Well, They got Hilary. 300 pages of E-mails sent to a non government server, and proof that they were hacked by China, Russia, and Israel. So now all we can do is sit back and watch the show. Did Obama throw Hilary under the bus, releasing these documents? Is He going to get out his little pardon stick? Another twist, Obama new about her other servers, and sent messages to her through it. I wonder if that's going to come into play at all. The E-mails were also released a few days before the confirmation hearings of the incoming Attorney General, Jeff Sessions. Maybe a little test to see what he would do. Did the FBI (Comey) have this information before the Elections, during the FBI investigation? That would be big trouble. The law absolutely puts her in prison. Lets see what politics does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lCOOwCdFMs

This is huge!! :blink000:

Think there's gonna be some body-less heads rolling down PA Ave. in the near future.

No matter who he THINKS he is....I don't believe POTUS-bama can halt the judicial process and exonerate a defendant.....can he? And this won't be settled anytime soon.

If he does figure out a way he'll be ridiculed till the end of time for it....THAT will be his precious 'legacy'!! :biglaugh: " The president who put men in the little girls room and let 'Crooked Hillary' off!!" Something to be proud of fer sure!! :rofl_200:

I can't watch the video at the moment. Will watch it later.

I'd like to provide some info based on my experience as an email admin for the DoD and an information security officer for both the DoD and financial institutions. These are just things I'd like to point out to consider overall. None of this is in defense or accusatory of anyone. I'm not a fan of Hillary, its just since this email stuff will never seem to go away, and I keep seeing a lot of gaps in understanding how a lot of this stuff happens I just thought i'd share.

1. Anytime you host a mailbox outside of your organization, you are accepting a risk of compromise of that mailbox and you're also accepting the limitations that it puts on your administrators. This applies to ANY mailbox outside of your organization. So regardless of whether it's a private email server, as in the case of Clinton, or a GMail account or Yahoo account it's still the same: it's a risk and it limits your admins. As I understand it, SoS's before Clinton all used external mailboxes outside of the State Departments email system. So there's been a long history of the State Department accepting this risk. That's a risk I wouldn't have allowed and clearly the compromise of Clinton's email server is proof the State Department needs to remove this exception from their protocols. But the point is it's a risk the State Department has accepted long before Clinton came in.

One thing that isn't mentioned much in these discussions is many of our biggest compromises doesn't come from compromises of classified data. It comes from the bulk collection of unclassified data. The government has different acronyms. The one that stuck with me probably because it was the very first reference I was taught was E.E.F.I. Which stood for Essential Elements of Friendly Information. In short, the information was legitimately unclassified, but when combined with other unclassified information it forms a bigger picture that would be considered sensitive and/or classified.

Lets use Clinton's compromised email server as an example of what I mean about EEFIs. So Clinton's email server is compromised. That means the hacker will have access to her email, her delegates email, her calendar, and her contacts. Most of us have used the common online tools for travel so hotel reservations, flight iterneraries, restaurant reservations, etc all send an email about the respective activities. Government travel does the same thing. None of that is necessarily classified though.

So if we're the hacker and we have access to her server and her mailbox we see in her email a travel itenerary that she's travelling to South Korea on Jan 19. An interesting piece of information but on its own not classified. We also see a confirmation email on the hotel she's staying in. Again, on it's own not classified or sensitive. But now we know when she's flying in and where she is staying. Now we look at her calendar as she she has a meeting on Jan 19th at 4pm. Again, alone on its own that piece of information isn't very much. But with the other pieces of information now we know when she's traveling, where she is staying and who she is meeting with. Now we actually have a bigger picture and understanding of what she will be doing on Jan 19th.

Why do I mention this? Just sort of explain why the State Department should have never allowed exceptions for external mailboxes. EVER. The risk of bulk collection of unclassified data is still high and important.

2. One of the limitations this puts on admins is they can't quarantine/clean mailboxes when classified information is sent to external mailboxes. And here's the part that is never mentioned. Classified information gets sent across unclassified networks all the time. 99% of the time it's done in error. And unlike what's often reported, most of the time the people that do it don't go to jail. The people that DO get in trouble are generally repeat offenders or there is evidence that it was done deliberately.

One of the processes the DOD has is when it's discovered that classified information has been sent to unclassified mailboxes, we as admins trace and track everywhere that email went. Every DOD mailbox that email hit is flagged and access to those mailboxes are removed -- even if its a general. Any mobile device that is associated with that mailbox is wiped without question or notification -- even if its a general. If they are 0-6 and above we do at least contact them and communicate whats going to happen, but we still do it. We then remove the classified emails from all those mailboxes. Once every instance of that email is removed, we restore access to the mailboxes. We processed these requests several times a week. That's how often this happens. If the mail just went to a handful of recipients then we can turn it around in just a couple of hours by one admin. But in the cases when it hits a big distribution list and/or goes to hundreds of mailboxes then it make take a day or two with multiple admins working it.

But if a mailbox is sitting outside my systems, ie a Gmail account, Yahoo account or a private email server -- I can't do shit.

So lets say someone sends an email that has classified information in it to a distribution group and Clinton is just one of 30 people in that group. Well it's in her inbox. She didn't send it, she didn't even ask for it, but its now on her server and the State Department admin can't touch it. That's big problem and that's why external mailboxes should have never been allowed.

IT is also audited all the time so there's a whole chain of command that surely knew Clintons mailbox was external and allowed it. There's a big security gap with the State Department and it has clearly existed for a long time. They need to tighten their shit up.

But with the information I've provided, I would hope you can at least see how there is a systemic problem within the State Departments procedures that has existed before Clinton became SoS. And not only does this create risk but also creates a grey area in regards to punishments. If it's a risk the State Department allowed knowingly it's hard to punish people for it. So for example if someone sends Clinton and email with classified email in it whose fault is it? The sender or the recipient? Most will fault the sender since the recipient has no say in the matter. But that instance, that one email has to be investigated. Did the sender knowingly send classified information over unclassified networks? Now lets say Clinton took that email and forwarded to 4 other people. Should she be punished? Well again, depends on if it can be proven she was aware that the email she was forwarding was classified. Then when we're talking experienced and slick/corrupt lawyers like Clinton they can even go "Ok, yea I sent classified email knowingly. Do you have policy that says I cant do that? You do? Ok, now show me where I signed that policy and said I understood and accepted its terms? Oh you dont have that? Well thanks for your time. You might want to start doing that. I'll be leaving on this loophole. See ya."

So it's just a clusterfuck to suss out and even more difficult if the investigations are taking place years down the road. And all of this grey area is home turf for Clinton and she is a master of navigating it and ensuring shit don't stick to her.

Most cases when we see punishment of people mishandling classified information, its generally folks in the military because those folks fall under the UCMJ(Uniform Code of Military Justice). Civilians don't which is why you rarely see civilians get in trouble for it even though they do it just as frequently.

Again, all of this could have been prevented if the State Department didn't allow external mailboxes.

My bet is that Obama will pardon her along with a bunch of convicted felons.

Kronx put out some good info!.........Thanks for the mini-lesson!..........It will be interesting to see how this all plays out..............Tom.

Well, They got Hilary. 300 pages of E-mails sent to a non government server, and proof that they were hacked by China, Russia, and Israel. So now all we can do is sit back and watch the show. Did Obama throw Hilary under the bus, releasing these documents? Is He going to get out his little pardon stick? Another twist, Obama new about her other servers, and sent messages to her through it. I wonder if that's going to come into play at all. The E-mails were also released a few days before the confirmation hearings of the incoming Attorney General, Jeff Sessions. Maybe a little test to see what he would do. Did the FBI (Comey) have this information before the Elections, during the FBI investigation? That would be big trouble. The law absolutely puts her in prison. Lets see what politics does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lCOOwCdFMs

Isn't this just the FBI releasing what they had previously reviewed and led to them declaring she was extremely irresponsible?

The FBI has previously released notes from interviews it conducted during its investigation of Clinton’s handling of classified information. FBI director James Comey declined to recommend that Clinton be charged in the case, and Attorney General Loretta Lynch accepted that advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isn't this just the FBI releasing what they had previously reviewed and led to them declaring she was extremely irresponsible?

The FBI has previously released notes from interviews it conducted during its investigation of Clinton’s handling of classified information. FBI director James Comey declined to recommend that Clinton be charged in the case, and Attorney General Loretta Lynch accepted that advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The investigation was still on going from the time of Comey's recommendation. If it was known then, It was the "smoking gun" and was swept under the rug. They're were a lot of pissed off FBI agents, at the time, when Comey made the Recommendation. The Judge in the video had a lot of similar questions about who knew what, and when.

The investigation was still on going from the time of Comey's recommendation. If it was known then, It was the "smoking gun" and was swept under the rug. They're were a lot of pissed off FBI agents, at the time, when Comey made the Recommendation. The Judge in the video had a lot of similar questions about who knew what, and when.

Dont forget, as far as I know, the Clinton foundation is still under investigation.

This sounds a lot like Fox News overdramatizing to try to draw attention away from Trumps collusion with Russia.

Has she been officially charged with anything as of yet?.....................Tom.

Pre-emptive Presidential Pardons:

In 1866, the Supreme Court ruled in Ex parte Garland that the pardon power "extends to every offence known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment."

Generally speaking, once an act has been committed, the president can issue a pardon at any time—regardless of whether charges have even been filed.

Pre-emptive Presidential Pardons:

In 1866, the Supreme Court ruled in Ex parte Garland that the pardon power "extends to every offence known to the law, and may be exercised at any time after its commission, either before legal proceedings are taken, or during their pendency, or after conviction and judgment."

Generally speaking, once an act has been committed, the president can issue a pardon at any time—regardless of whether charges have even been filed.

So he's got 9 days. tick tock.

Nothing will come of this just like nothing came from Obama's allegedly forged birth certificate. It is a diversion from Trump and Russia nothing more.

Nothing will come of this just like nothing came from Obama's allegedly forged birth certificate. It is a diversion from Trump and Russia nothing more.

So do you think Obama will give her a pardon? If The birth certificate is proven fake, should Obama be charged?

The FBI has already decided that she will not be charged. The birth certificate issue has no merit and Obama will not be charged. If it is proven fake there should investigation into why it was. Neither will ever be charged, if there was any evidence that existed that was strong enough to charge either it would have been brought to light. If there is some evidence that miraculously hid from the republican party for 8 years that would indeed prove that they are totally incompetent. The fact is Hillary will not be charged and neither will Obama. It is all being talked about to draw negative attention away from Trump. It is such a non issue Trump isn't even tweeting about it and he tweets about everything especially when he is mocked. How many weeks is it going to take the good sheriff to reveal all of his facts anyway?

The FBI decided she wouldn't be charged, up to that point. The investigation is on going. Comey said she broke the law, again and again. Listen to his press conference. He didn't persue it because he basically said she was a moron, but ment no harm. When he said "Although there is evidence, No reasonable prosecutor would bring such a case" blew his credibility out of the water. That opinion might change in a few days. In Comeys press conference, he said there was no evidence of hacking of her private server. That's different now. They were hacked by Russia, china and Israel.
The birth certificate was proven a fake already, by the good Sheriff.

So i'll ask again, Do you think Obama will give Hilary a pardon?
Should Obama or whoever they find responsible be charged with falsifying a document?
My real motive for asking, is I'm trying to get some kind of bearing on when an individual is actually held accountable for breaking the law. All I keep hearing is "nothing to see here".

Where is this proof on the birth certificate. What did the sheriff prove? There is proof that some lady probably forged her birth certificate. Like i just said if there is some magic evidence show it. Show me one report other than Fox news that leads any credibility to the sheriff and his story. If the republicans thought they could charge either one they already would have. Nothing to see here is exactly what Trump keeps saying to everything in his personal,business and political lives. He will not even release his financials. You can keep saying that they will investigate more and charge her but the fact is they will not. If they have broken the law and a republican congress let them get away with it (Obama for 8 years) the republican congress members should be held accountable for either intentionally not doing their job of being too pathetic to do it correctly.

Back