Ohio mechanic????

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JVMAX

Reaction score
Anyone out there in Ohio know someone that can tear the carbs apart, clean, retool, rejet, adjust, etc. I bought my 2000 2 years ago from a guy that said it sat in a garage for 5 years. I have put carb cleaner in on reg basis but still just doesnt run smooth at idle speeds and sometimes dies when at traffic stop. Just want to get it right. Please advise if anyone can help. thanks

There are some great do it your self threads here if you dont mind turning a few wrenches. If not some one in your area might chime in. Dannymax,Sean or me could go thru them for a charge but that would require you sending them to one of us.

I've had em apart a few times. Its not too bad of a job. Check out the carb section of this forum, there are some great "how to's" on tearing into them. Is your bike all stock?

As stated above it's not that bad of a job to do yourself. Normal tools, air compressor (doesn't need to be a large one) and minor mechanical abilities are really all that's needed. You will have to sync the carbs but a sync tool is not that expensive if you don't already have one. I have a fold-up plastic table that use for carb work. It's easy to clean and store.

Its up to you. I would search here for doing the "Peashooter" or the "Shotgun" methods....they are quick fix options that might work for your issue. Or you can bring it up here to Amherst and I will tear into it.....might take a good part of the day, I'm kinda slow and methodical about doing things.

Back