Oil change interval

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yameringha's specification is, to say the least, not particularly helpful or user friendly.

The Service Manual specifies changes at every 3,800 miles.

According to my owners handbook the first oil change is at 600 miles the next is at 8200 mile or 13 months with the next one due at 15900 miles or 25 months.
They don't say what happens after that!

Haynes take a different view with an oil change every 6000 miles or ten months with the oil filter changed every twelve months. Again, not exactly user friendly.

Assuming that you are using a modern good quality semi-synthetic oil I see no reason why you couldn't adopt a 6000 mile or twelve month interval for oil and filter.

The exception to that would be if you do a lot of short journeys where the motor doesn't get up to normal operating temperatures.
In that case I would change the oil every six months.

If you are using cheaper oils or are particularly paranoid then shorter intervals may be prudent.

Otherwise, IMHO, you get no benefit from changing more regularly but you will be slightly poorer.

When it's becoming difficult to find neutral I change the oil and filter. I never exceed 3k miles. You'll never hurt it by changing too often. If you ride hard, more clutch material is suspended in the oil.
Steve

Rotella T. New filter every time. 2500 miles. 4 quarts out, 4 quarts in. Never used enough to bother adding any in 130,000 miles.

I'd add if you are not doing that much miles a yr I'd chg at beginning and end of the season or as Steve said when oil gets dark and neutral or shifting gets harder.

Latest posts

Back