Oil gauge

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

COP RUNNER

Reaction score
TOM , MY OIL PRESSURE GAUGE IS AWESOME ! THANKS FOR GETTING THE LINE & FITTINGS POWDER COATED BLACK FOR ME ! IT WAS A PLEASURE DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU ! " TIM " " COP RUNNER ":punk:

Re: Oil gage

didn't u have it for a while? it sure looked trick tho i may have to follow suit one day.

didn't u have it for a while? it sure looked trick tho i may have to follow suit one day.
YEAH , I'VE HAD IT SINCE APRIL , JUST FORGOT TO THANK HIM ! ITS A REAL QUALITY PIECE & HE SENT IT ALL TO A POWDER COATER TO HAVE IT ALL BLACKED OUT TO MATCH MY BIKE ! I HAD TO USE A DIFFERENT GASKET THEN THE ONE THAT COMES WITH IT , SUBARU #11126AA000 CRUSH WASHER , I JUST COULDN'T GET THE ONE IT COMES WITH TO SEAL CORRECTLY IN THE ENGINE BLOCK !:confused2:

yea i used the same one man. i liked urs blacked out seeing it @ brownie run.

TOM , MY OIL PRESSURE GAUGE IS AWESOME ! THANKS FOR GETTING THE LINE & FITTINGS POWDER COATED BLACK FOR ME ! IT WAS A PLEASURE DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU ! " TIM " " COP RUNNER ":punk:

Thanks Im glad you like it. What kind of pressure are you getting?

Regards
Tom
Cycle One-off Inc.
P.O. Box 15415
Rochester, NY 14615
Order by phone toll free 1(866) 238-5450
[email protected]
www.cycleoneoff.com

Thanks Im glad you like it. What kind of pressure are you getting?

Regards
Tom
Cycle One-off Inc.
P.O. Box 15415
Rochester, NY 14615
[email protected]
www.cycleoneoff.com

I'll jump in here Tom...I like my gauge too!
Pressure is 65# cold, about 3# - 4# at idle hot, and around 9# per 1K rpm's.

It's a nice unit, reacts instantly to throttle input! I was going to move it from the water pump mount to the handlebars but then I would stare at it ALL the time!! :biglaugh:

Thanks,
danny

It's a nice unit, reacts instantly to throttle input! I was going to move it from the water pump mount to the handlebars but then I would stare at it ALL the time!! :biglaugh:

Thanks,
danny
SAME AS DAN ( PRESSURE WISE ) AWESOME GAUGE !:punk:

Hey Tom, I like my gauge also but have not been able to see the needle for several months. I think the Glycerin fogged up the inside of the gauge glass. Are these gauges 1/8" pipe thread with a bottom outlet. I'll just put a new one on without the Glycerin fill. Thanks, Steve :ummm:

yea my glycerin one is fogging a bit too. looks like there is bubbles on the inside. i may have to replace soon as well. too bad its only a few months old. oh well.

i have the same pressure as u guys. 2-4 hot. and 9 per 1k.

my gauge only goes to 60 so it is max'ed out at cold.

Got some Bubbles also in the Gauge, Same numbers as everyone else. Well mine runs up to 65 when its cold..

Do you think the Bubbles in the Glycerin face will make a difference? Should I replace this?

I think the glycerin gauges are supposed to have a (small) bubble in them....don't know why, but every one I have ever seen has one. As far as the fogging goes....no idea.

I'm sending mine back to Tom so he can look at it. It is leaking the glycerine fluid, which is 1/2 gone atm. It may be my fault though, while cleaning the warning sticker off it I popped the rubber plug out but it did not start leaking until a month later. I'm not sure what is wrong but I'm sending it back to Tom so he can take a look at it and make a determination.
I may be going to a new setup with the faux tank gauges with water temp/ volts/ oil pressure mounted there. I hope to work out a new mount for the tach up next to the speedo with a few of the idiots mounted up there. I'm still trying to figure out the upper mount/ bracket so it looks decent and is functional too.

No, need to change the gauge unless you can't read it. I would not install another Glycerin filled gauge as it is not needed in this application. I'll post what the thread size is and where to get a new gauge when I get mine apart. I think it is a 1/8" NPT Back outlet gauge. Good luck, Spur:ummm:

Thanks,
danny

These are great numbers to have.

Regards
Tom
Cycle One-off Inc.
P.O. Box 15415
Rochester, NY 14615
[email protected]
www.cycleoneoff.com

Tom, you do not need a Glycerin filled gauge for this application. The air bubble would be near the top if mounted in a vertical position. When you face the gauge face up as in the water pump mount the air bubble is all over the face. Sounds like everybodys' is failing within a month. What is the thread pattern on the back of the gauge? Thanks, Steve :ummm:

Tom, you do not need a Glycerin filled gauge for this application. The air bubble would be near the top if mounted in a vertical position. When you face the gauge face up as in the water pump mount the air bubble is all over the face. Sounds like everybodys' is failing within a month. What is the thread pattern on the back of the gauge? Thanks, Steve :ummm:

Hello,

The water pump kit is not supposed to be mounted with the face completely flat. All of my kits have some sort of angle to them. You can see how these are supposing sit on my web site. If anyone has a gauge that fails with-in a month please sends it back for a replacement. If you have a gauge that has issues send it back I might be able to fix it. Please email me before you send it back.
 ​
Regards
Tom
Cycle One-off Inc.
P.O. Box 15415
Rochester, NY 14615

I have had my oil pressure gauge set up for 3 years and never had any problems at all. A glycerin filled gauge works best as it is "buffered" against bouncing around from vibration etc. I did have my plug leak once, but that was my fault, moved the gauge around in the mount without loosening the mount off and cut the plug. No big deal just found another plug that fit and added some glycerine I purchased. As far as I can tell any issues that folks have had with their set ups are installer error and not a QC problem from Tom. To properly install the kit you have to follow the directions AND make sure you tighten things properly.

My gauge has been on since early spring and there have been zero issues with it....it works and looks great!

The fiber washer leaked maybe 2 or 3 drops after installation, a slight tweak on the wrench stopped it and it's been bone dry ever since!

danny

Latest posts

Back