Oil in Air Filter Housing?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RHiNO

Reaction score
Got my Vmax last Sunday and decided to check the fluid levels and clean out the filter. When I took off the cover I could see some oil at the bottom of the housing. Not puddles but enough for me to dirty up a rag a bunch getting it out. there was no oil on the filter itself. Is there something I should be worried about here?

Also, I pulled the scoops to do a little dusting and discovered the left scoop is totally closed off from air with what appears to be a stock cover...is it just me?

Paul

A little bit of oil is normal. Make sure you don't over fill with oil....just between the marks on the sight glass. Make sure that little piece with three screws....the one that covers the small puke catch just above your crankcase vent is on tight. Also make sure the small t-nipples that connect the left velocity stacks and right velocity stacks are seated and on correctly.

The scoops are non-functional. They just cover the electrics on the left and the water conduit on the right.

Mark

Back