Oil Leak into Radiator

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

K.vmax

Reaction score
Hi needed Help.!! how can oil be in the coolant reservoir but not in the engine oil?
i noticed some sludge in my coolant reservoir. had some choice words for a few seconds then cleaned it out i had roughly a cup or fluid where the coolant had a layer of sludge over the top. i checked the oil through the oil level window on the right side of the crankcase and the oil does not appear contaminated with coolant " no mud" so i just don't know how to stop these. i have drained the coolant a few times yet i still have the sludge back after a month or 2. Please help, what might it caused for the oil leak into my radiator..????

I'm just saying this is a pretty common problem. You should try rebuilding that area. It might fix it. It doesn't always come out the weep hole for whatever reason.

Thanks Guys for the Update, i suspected the water pump shaft n seal, i have changed it. but i still have the oil leak into my radiator. cleaning the radiator to flush out the oil is another messy job. i used dishwasher Liquid to get it out, but the oil still comes back....:(

Hold on boys, and girls. About 7 years ago - (the year in which I owned 5 different Vmax's) we were looking (KCE), for a set of carburetors, at which time, we came into contact with a young man who was advertising a 1988 Vmax for sale $500.00.

"Wow, whats wrong with your bike?" We asked. He told us, he had lent the bike to his "brother in law", for a month, at which time he returned the Vmax with "severe engine damage" - (there was oil in the coolant reservoir).

We noticed (oddly enough), though there was oil in the coolant tank, the motor seemed to be running fine,(no smoke, noises, was not low on power, (and here's the 'kicker') NO SMOKE OR MOISTURE IN THE EXHAUST, OR COOLANT IN THE OIL.

I had one of my guys clean, flush out, and 'refill' the coolant tank. The problem was exactly as I had seen before - (When you've been in this 'game' as long as I have this will happen). When his "brother in law" had possession of the 'max', and not finding a dip stick - or knowing about 'oil level windows' looked for a place to add oil. the owner had long ago 'lost' the coolant filler cap (that says coolant on it).

He saw how dirty, and low the coolant was "this must be oil, I'd rather be 'safe, than sorry" poured in about 1/2 quart of 20w50w, and was 'good to go.'

It must have been that old 'graphite infused' oil, as it pours nearly black out of the can.

That Vmax is still out there running - (we sold it to one of our regular tire customers).

Hope this is your problem.

Kenny C.

You should check the 26H-12428-00-00 and 26H-12427-00-00 gaskets.
Oil can go to water easily in the water and oïl "return collector"

Back