oil leak on exhaust pipe

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yixig

Reaction score
My VMax 1200 has an oil leak on the exhaust pipes right behind the foot pegs area. The oil starts to smoke after a few minutes of operation. At first it looks like an exhaust leak. I haven't had time to delve into the problem yet, but I was wondering if this is common and if anyone could help identify where the oil is coming from. Thank you.

Lots of leak opportunities. As high up as a valve cover. I suggest cleaning the bike then using something like flour or baking soda to see where it gets wet first.

^^^^ good suggestion

In the past I've used talcum powder, (on your side of the pond it's probably called fanny dust) it is packaged in plastic containers with a lid with holes. Squeezing the container you.can dust the appropriate area.

^^^^ good suggestion

In the past I've used talcum powder, (on your side of the pond it's probably called fanny dust) it is packaged in plastic containers with a lid with holes. Squeezing the container you.can dust the appropriate area.
Cornstarch is probably cheaper.

When I read Sean's response, it reminded me of a joke... .

Back