oil leak when driving

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwarford

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm noticing a small oil leak, where it comes from i have no idea so here is some info. :bang head:
let the bike just sit, no oil to be seen. Drive the bike for 15-30 mins you will notice oil slowly building up somewhere up under the "fake" tank, it runs down on the choke arm, and out on the top pans. I've noticed it a couple of times on the right hand side, twice to the point where when i was driving the drippings blew back on my jeans. This just developed last year about mid way through the season. A mechanic said it may be the rings but i don't see any smoke coming from the exhaust nor is there a lack of power. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

maybe puke hose not attached correctly to air box...its a real bugger to attach....remove collant tank to help hold it and slide back onto airbox

I have my "T" from the Morley kit zip tied to the rear carb brace and a short rubber hose to fit from the "T" to airbox nipple. Now when I take the airbox off it goes right back on since I have something to push down into that won't move. Makes it easier to put on the oil fill breather hose too.

I discovered that the hose upper end wasn't secured on the airbox after a few rides since I bought the bike last autumn.
The location is a bit tight so I widen the clamp with a buck-for-hundred plastic zip tie and hold the tail to position the clamp on the hose attached to airbox nipple. Quick snip by scissors and the hose's clamped to the airbox all right.
You can lift the airbox slightly to make sure the hose is fastened to the nipple.

I'd agree with the puke hose being off the airbox, though normally there shouldn't me much/anything coming out of it. Is your oil over-filled? That's what usually causes it. Ideally with the bike on the center stand the sight glass is about half full (when on the rear wheel it reads a little higher).

I changed out my breather hose with 1/2 inch fuel line...it now stays in place and its stiff enough that when I press the airbox back in place, the hose stays and pushes back on the breather.

I put a real hose clamp on mine. I use a 1/4 spinner handle with a long extension and a socket to tighten it. I slide the rad tank out of the way and its pretty easy to access.

Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Back