Oil leak

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rzwanink

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am camping with 2 minor oil leaks. See picture. One visible point of where oil is coming from is the rubber boot between the swingarm and engine. After a drive, Long or short. A couples of tiny drops of oil, 1 or 2, can be found underneed the bike. And a little bit of residu on the frame.

The second leak/sweat is visible where the swingarm and final drive connect together.

Recently changed the Oring at the finale drive. So i think nothing can leak at that side. Any suggestions

Attachments

• 20180715_161729.jpg
    20180715_161729.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 40
Pretty sure this is your leak source, that rubber boot(your pic) would leak before motor oil could make it back to that tube to diff seal, unless you have a hell of a leak. Is it gear oil or motor oil leaking/sweating from the diff?

Attachments

• 20150626_203202.jpg
    20150626_203202.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 30
Any suggestions

Without wishing to sound sarcastic the only way you are going to establish where the leak is coming from would be to pull back the boot and have a look.

We could all take a guess but without being able to inspect the bike you could be sent on a wild goose chase.

O.c. as hell...

No wild goose chase...

Just a warranty issue after a full gehuild.

I cant take it apart. It first has to go back to the macanic.

But my o.c. is itching

Latest posts

Back