Oil level sender circuit (understanding)

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxrom

Reaction score
Hy,
Rebuilding Royal Venture project
Electrical harness from A to Z (doing the harness from zero)

I`m trying to understand the way it works
so,
Testing oil level sender
Oil level sender has no contact (open circuit) when float is down= low oil level
Oil level sender has contact (close circuit) when float is up = good oil level

How warning light come`s on with an open circuit

On the Vmax= signal goes from sender to diode block to warning light
On the Venture = signal goes from sender to digital dash

The Venture and Vmax work exactly opposite from each other and are not interchangeable if you want them to work correctly.

When low on oil:
On the Vmax the float sinks to the bottom it completes the ground circuit and turns on the light. On the Venture the float completes the ground (continuity) when the float is at the top meaning full of oil. The computer display circuitry does all the work to get it to display properly.

We had to use a Vmax sending unit on our Venture build to properly run the new warning lights in our custom gauges.

The Venture and Vmax work exactly opposite from each other and are not interchangeable if you want them to work correctly.

When low on oil:
On the Vmax the float sinks to the bottom it completes the ground circuit and turns on the light. On the Venture the float completes the ground (continuity) when the float is at the top meaning full of oil. The computer display circuitry does all the work to get it to display properly.

We had to use a Vmax sending unit on our Venture build to properly run the new warning lights in our custom gauges.

Great,
Thank you Sean
Y knew the feature did not came from the diode block
Venture project is going on with a Vmax cluster, so, y will reverse the signal with a relay
:clapping:

When low on oil:

The oil sender unit test in my vmax mecanic book is wrong;
It copy`s the Venture test while it work on the oposite way :bang head:
NO v/s NC

We could have opted for a relay too but it was easier to swap the sensor. I have extra's I can sell you one if desired.

Back