oil level sender

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andyl

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if any of you boys can help me. the oil level light has never worked since I bought the bike. On investigation I noticed that the wire coming from the oil level sensor isn't actually connected anywhere. I cant find any likely places for it to plug in. Can anyone shed any light on where its supposed to be plugged into? a picture would be good if possible. Thanks.

by the left front side of the gas tank there should be a lead to connect the bullet connector coming from the sensor, same as for the ignition pickup, neutral sensor and stator 3 phase wires.

Thank you for that sir. Do you happen to know the colour of the wire the bullet connector goes into?

by the left front side of the gas tank there should be a lead to connect the bullet connector coming from the sensor, same as for the ignition pickup, neutral sensor and stator 3 phase wires.

Sorry wildweasel but the oil level sensor wire plugs in on the left side right where the stator & voltage regulator plug together. It would be behind the left side side cover.

Dave

There are only two bullet type connectors under that cover. One is from the Neutral switch (light blue on the side to the sensor) and one from the oil level sensor. If swapped it will simply make the wrong lights work (meaning that the oil light would come on when in neutral and off in gear).

The colors do not match on the harness and not sure why they hell they did that.

Sean

Sorry wildweasel but the oil level sensor wire plugs in on the left side right where the stator & voltage regulator plug together. It would be behind the left side side cover.

Dave

Well the left front part of the gas tank isn't under the left side cover? If I remember correctly the oil sensor wire is black and is a single and its just like Sean mentioned. It's pretty straight forward.

Well the left front part of the gas tank isn't under the left side cover? If I remember correctly the oil sensor wire is black and is a single and its just like Sean mentioned. It's pretty straight forward.

I believe it is on my 85.....unless I'm having another one of those senior moments. (more & more common to me lately) :ummm:

I'm sorry wildweasel I misread your post.

Dave

Latest posts

Back