oil pressure gage

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Check out this site:
http://cruton.bmg.uab.edu/page_7.htm

I have a multifunction gauge in place of the speedo that shows oil pressure. It is an electric gauge. I bought a kawasaki drain plug, drilled and tapped for 1/8" NPT, treaded a 90 degree elbow in, then threaded my sender into the elbow. My sender is about the size of a D battery. Its just one wire from the sensor up to the wire harness.

Here is mine, I don't think I have $60 in the whole setup.
I disassembled the gauges from a Sunpro mini gauge kit
Altered the coolant manifold to fit the temp sensor, drilled and tapped a Kaw plug for the oil (did this part a while back when I was using Autometer gauges)
then Wired in some LEDs with resistors for the trouble lights and a toggle switch for the Tboost.

gaugesandmanifold.jpg

p1040064p.jpg

p1040202.jpg

I saw that Innovate makes them in a kit which includes the sender. E-bay has them, but they are pricey at $190

Check out this site:
http://cruton.bmg.uab.edu/page_7.htm

I have a multifunction gauge in place of the speedo that shows oil pressure. It is an electric gauge. I bought a kawasaki drain plug, drilled and tapped for 1/8" NPT, treaded a 90 degree elbow in, then threaded my sender into the elbow. My sender is about the size of a D battery. Its just one wire from the sensor up to the wire harness.

What numbers do you get while it is running?.

What numbers do you get while it is running?.

With the stock oiler, I was a couple psi at idle when warm. With the higher output oiler I'm around 10 at idle and in the 80's when the RPMs climb. Starting it when cold, the psi is higher, but that drops as the engine warms up.

Here is mine, I don't think I have $60 in the whole setup.
I disassembled the gauges from a Sunpro mini gauge kit
Altered the coolant manifold to fit the temp sensor, drilled and tapped a Kaw plug for the oil (did this part a while back when I was using Autometer gauges)
then Wired in some LEDs with resistors for the trouble lights and a toggle switch for the Tboost.

gaugesandmanifold.jpg

p1040064p.jpg

p1040202.jpg

Dam monkey go away!!!!!!!! :bang head:

i found other sites with them in stock.. Actuall found a full digital one with 2 temp sensors Just so expensive!!! i only want the tach for maintenance purposes seeing how I have Ecliptech shift lift and its pritty acturate at 1k increments... may just do away with tach. Save stock one and hook it up if i ever had to adjust anything to certain RPM

http://www.amazon.com/Koso-America-DL-02R-Tachometer-BA555B11/dp/B0041QQFDU

yea i kind of like the stock speedo and the ecliptech light on it... if there whole set ups were like 150 - 200 i might debate. But for 350 i could find cooler stuff to do lol.

Look at PLX devices. thats the neat stuff... LOL... OLED fully programmable gauges.

Latest posts

Back