Oil Vmax Gen 2 Motul 7100

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vmaxcar

Reaction score
Hello dear vmax, drivers, this year I want to do the oil change myself. Until now, a fully synthetic 10 W 50 oil was filled in the workshop, 4.8 liters. Which brand can you recommend. I had good experiences with MOTUL Oil on my GEN 1 Vmax back then, of course. There is the Motul 7100 10W50. What do you think about it? Or should I expect the clutch to slip? Carsten

Attachments

• 220_7140493_600x600.jpg
    220_7140493_600x600.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 0
Hello dear vmax, drivers, this year I want to do the oil change myself. Until now, a fully synthetic 10 W 50 oil was filled in the workshop, 4.8 liters. Which brand can you recommend. I had good experiences with MOTUL Oil on my GEN 1 Vmax back then, of course. There is the Motul 7100 10W50. What do you think about it? Or should I expect the clutch to slip? Carsten
Hi Vmaxcar,
I use the 7100 in all of my bikes, it's probably one of the best motor oils...
Recently I applied the 7100 to my V-Max (bought it a few months ago) and I noticed that the clutch slipped. Someone advised me to use semi-synthetic oil, so I put in the Motul 5100. It still slips, so the 7100 is not causing this.
I'm now looking for the double D modification, meaning an extra diaphragma spring to be added to the clutch...
Gruesse, Marcel.

Hi Vmaxcar,
I use the 7100 in all of my bikes, it's probably one of the best motor oils...
Recently I applied the 7100 to my V-Max (bought it a few months ago) and I noticed that the clutch slipped. Someone advised me to use semi-synthetic oil, so I put in the Motul 5100. It still slips, so the 7100 is not causing this.
I'm now looking for the double D modification, meaning an extra diaphragma spring to be added to the clutch...
Gruesse, Marcel.
Hello Marcel, thank you for your reply. I hope the clutch has stopped slipping by now. Kind regards, Carsten

Back