Ok to cut radiator hose?

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1200fan

Reaction score
Hi all

Hope I put this in the right section...

I've just been attempting to sort a very leaky coolant hose going to the front cylinder head on my Vmax. The end of the hose where it touches the engine block was the problem, I think from when oil was coming out from the rocker gaskets before I had sorted it last year.

I decided to cut the dodgy end part off the hose and fit back on, it seems to fit ok but there's yellow "string" bits now coming from the hose material.

I just wanted to check if anyone else had done this and if there are any problems in cutting these hoses?

This is just a temporary measure until I can get the replacement hose!

Cheers

Does the joint seal? Then you should be OK. You might want to check out the ebay sellers who offer silicone hoses for the VMax, and I am pretty-sure that Sean Morley of Morley's Muscle, look for his banner ad above the threads, and Kyle (Captainkyle) can get those for you as-well.

You should be ok if its sealing. I probably have some good used ones or the whole new silicone set on ebay now is about 125 bucks. I can get Samco Hoses but there not near that cheap.

Agreed, trimming is fine and I have new and used on hand.

Sean

Latest posts

Back