old shop chestnuts and myths

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
This makes for entertaining reading. Motorcycles are represented here by discussions about the cost of helmets, their construction, and crash performance, and mention of motorcycle-specific coolant.

Lots of oil discussion, synthetic vs non-synthetic, draining/changing vs just adding; leak treatments for cooling systems; ATF added to engine's oil before changing, etc.

What's your favorite myth?

The post I like best is by the guy who alternates using a Harbor Freight Tool to change the oil vs using his Snap-On tools.

I change my oil with a snap-on wrench one time, then a harbor freight wrench the next time. I want my mower to think it's appreciated, but at the same time, I don't want it to think too much of itself.

icon1.gif
Re: old myths die hard

I change my oil with a snap-on wrench one time, then a harbor freight wrench the next time. I want my mower to think it's appreciated, but at the same time, I don't want it to think too much of itself.

Guys that insist premium gasoline gives you more power than regular.

"I gotta put some Hi-test in since you get more power outta it. That's why it costs more... "

Ah, nope - sorry

Back