Old Wives Tale or is there some truth???

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RagingMain

Reaction score
Side gapping and indexing of spark plugs??? :confused2:
Read some stuff on the interweb, never done it my self.
Wondering if anyones had any experience either on our bikes or other engines.

I vote wives tale myself.

I've indexed, and side gapped on the race bike when I first heard people talking about it. no change what so ever in ET or MPH.

I put these two in the same catagory as the HP enhancing superplugs like the "Splitfire".

I just stick with a good quality plug thats propperly gapped.

I use to do it on my drag car " it didnt cost any thing" so I figured why not. Did it help.....who really knows.:biglaugh: It was sure nothing I could feel by the seat of my pants LOL. Mabey if it was on the space shuttle, it might be critical,..but on an old chevy block...nah.:rofl_200:

I don't think that you will notice any increase in hp or tq but mabie just a small increase of throttle responce but even then it will be minimal. just like many of the other things that we do, does any of them make a difference well we would like to think so.

Stuff like that works on pro stock car where thousandths of seconds make a difference between first place and not qualifying. You won't feel any difference.

Latest posts

Back