Quantcast

oldest surviving vmax....

Yamaha Star V-Max VMAX Motorcycle Discussion Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

brassknuckles

Reaction score
I think he has Canadian 1985 #101.
Sorry, don't check in here often. You're right, 1985 model.Full serial number is JYA1GR000FA000101. Could this be the first ever publicy sold V Max? Canada got a few bikes before the US. Was this one of them? Unlikely, but the serial # is very, very low.......

one2dmax

Reaction score
Sorry, don't check in here often. You're right, 1985 model.Full serial number is JYA1GR000FA000101. Could this be the first ever publicy sold V Max? Canada got a few bikes before the US. Was this one of them? Unlikely, but the serial # is very, very low.......
That would be the first with the 1GR designation which isn't US or Standard Canadian number? It's still cool that it's the first in it's Market! You want to sell it lol?

Attachments

brassknuckles

Reaction score
Thanks for asking Sean, but I think I'll hold onto it. I learned a long time ago that once you sell something, you eventually spend the money..... then the something is gone, and so is the money. All you're left with is regret, and a little more room in the shop. I built a big shop......
Thanks for the insight on vin's. Although, it raises more questions.... my vin seems closer to a US vin than Canadian..... although not being a match for either side of the border. Another mystery.

edweller

Reaction score
I have a 1985 with 2600 miles.

It’s also going to be for sale soon. Original paint & near mint condition.

Located in north jersey.

CaptainKyle

Reaction score
O542 has been found unfortunately it is pretty rough and all I got was a bill of sale. I doubt I will go to the hassle of getting a title so it will most likely become a parts bike.

Attachments

C2protect

Reaction score
Congratulations. My cousin and I owned both 0633, 0711...we both put 160k miles on our. He still has his. I donated mine to Darryl Schulz Museum after he passed away. As he used my VMAX basically for R&D. Mighty Max is one of the first two had a double pumper Holley 750 on it just for an experiment and he came up with the four into two side-by-side headers that worked amazing.

charlesmentzel

Reaction score
thanks for contributing to this thread Max !

#0593 --Bacchus, bone stock, project
#0421 --Rebar, bone stock, runner
#0221 --Rebar, parts bike
#2011-Rebar, modified, runner
#0211 -- gigi...?
#0369 --MtnMax, bolt on-modified, runner
#0464-- CptnKyle, modified, runner
#3589--RhoyCarter, modified, runner
#3452 -, BillKratz, modified, runner
#1139- Max1139, modified, runner
#3267- Patmax, chromed, runner
#4752- patmax, dragbike, oh yeah...its a runner !

hogfiddles

Reaction score
Hey Danny......I hadn’t found this thread before—glad you’re doing it. I’ll get you the number of my ‘85 when I’m over there again.

dave fox

Latest posts