oldest surviving vmax....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2807, picked it up last year. Has a built PCW 1200 engine, chain drive conversion and I bought Exactrep carbon fiber fenders and tank cover, aluminum snorkels from them and made some custom carb covers. Been a fun build and now enjoying riding it around. I need to paint the rear shocks in black and do the springs in orange and finish the covers under the carb and paint the 3 lines on the engine orange as well. Doing Koso gauges and then need to hook up the nitrous and get this thing to the track.
1619655370247.png

#1770. Stock as far as I know bought it with a salvage title, sent Danny the carbs to rebuild he said he didn't think they were original. Experiencing some charging probs at the moment, but bike runs beautifully.

Someone took advice he found on the forum, and brought this in for work at my friend's shop. It belongs on the list, but it's not yet listed. It has twice the value of a stocker, because of all the desirable add-ons, including a boatload of chrome. Judging by the condition of the bike, it must live in an air-conditioned shop/garage, because he's by salt-water, and there's none of the oxidation/corrosion you would expect to see in a bike outside, or in a carport or a garage, but not climate-controlled. It's as-good a condition a bike as I've seen, and it's a first-year, which makes it all the more-impressive. This is how I like my VMaxes, pretty-close in appearance to how they rolled-out of the factory, but plenty of improvements (carburetors, exhaust, brakes, wheels, shocks, taillight, front end add-ons, and a lot of chrome. A nice touch, the VGas carburetors aren't the only Jon Cornell pieces on the bike, look at the rear grab bar, and the lettered plaque where the reflector usually-is, it's a duplicate of Jon's Gen. 1 that had the magazine articles written about it.

VMax 1985 Dania.01.jpgVMax Dania 1985.03.jpgVMax Dania 1985.02.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back