oldest surviving vmax....

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#0255 from Toronto. A tear-down is in the works for a gear #2 fix. While at it who knows ...

welcome to the party cujo and bigB !!

#0139 - Mikeahardy, modified, runner
#0153- Shicks16,
#0211 -- gigi, slightly modified, runner
#0221 --Rebar, parts bike
#0255 --BigB, Project
#0258 --Mopure, modified, runner
#0327- JAY GLEASON, stock, runner
#0369 --MtnMax, bolt on-modified, runner
#0421 --Rebar, bone stock, runner
#0464-- CptnKyle, modified, runner
#0593 --Bacchus, bone stock, project
#0641-- Vmax Guru, stock, runner
#0725 --FstMax, modified, runner
#0779-Jackbutler, modified, runner
#1139- Max1139, modified, runner
#1165-Cujo51, modified, runner
#1326-GreenlightB, modified, runner
#1454-Freerider,
#2011-Rebar, modified, runner
#2219 lightly modified-Great condition
#2297- vmaxjim, modified, runner
#2863- 85vmax, just a few updates
#3216. Bought new 4/18/85. Daily runner
#3267- Patmax, chromed, runner
#3452 -, BillKratz, modified, runner
#3589--RhoyCarter, modified, runner
#3633 -Colonat, modified, runner
#3738 -holywood, modified, project
#4752- patmax, dragbike, oh yeah...its a runner

Bacchus.,go to the last reply and see the "tag" box. Click it and you will find the precursor to the thread you started and you will fi d some more info. Come to thi k of it, your thread has evolved into the 1985 registry sorta and not just the oldest Max. Of course you have done a better job of organizing the information. Looks like there is some more for you to add. Let me ask everyone, are all Maxes continuously numbered from bike 101 onward or just restart every year? And it looks like different countries have a different prefix? Just wondering

The 1985 I owned for 19 years was #5065 I sold it to forum member Bryjul. I put a 1996 motor in it so the #'s no longer match...

That one knocks me out of "newest" of the oldest 85s.
I think I will go lick my wounds now.

im certain they restart every year as my 07 is bike # 2002. but i have to get a hold of a friend, he let me ride his max many years ago and got my love affair started with this monster. his is an 85. ill find out his vin.

Bought new on Apr 30, 1985 from the dealer in Dalton, GA.

Bone stock except for factory engine crash bar + a soft bag on the passenger seat + detachable w/shield. I've drag raced it a few times. Has 51,000 miles, is maroon and in mint condition.

Pic was this past summer:

Attachments

• IMG_2801.jpg
    IMG_2801.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 40
Daaang, Norm 427 with an early early bike. A true survivor! You need to start putting on the miles to keep up with Bill Seward! Congrats on a keeper!

Daaang, Norm 427 with an early early bike. A true survivor! You need to start putting on the miles to keep up with Bill Seward! Congrats on a keeper!

I don't think anyone can catch up w Bill! :worthy: I've had to many other hobbies to be distracted with ...

Norm

Yamaha started buying bikes back, years ago for a Museum, I believe. Is there anyone who could see if they have a low serial number 85 there???

Norms 427: Awesome 85....

#2293 Restored, original motor, suspension upgrades. Sure mine isn't the oldest, just getting it out there as requested by PATMAX-4860 when he posted on the VMOA website.

Daaaaang,
(as Joe dirt would say)
I has read that that Yammy started the bikes at ser# 101 and went from there, that means Norms427's bike is the 66th vmax off the line??:eusa_dance:
25 years ago?
and he rides it alot?
and it's stock?
:punk:Cool, and it looks awesome!!:punk:

Not enough smilies for that:worthy:

Thanks, guys. It is in excellent, all original condition.

BTW, repairs: 1) new factory exhaust system, 2) replacement air filter cover after a broom fell on it, 3) fork seals. The rest are normal consumables like tires, brakes, fluids, spark plugs, etc. And valves have been checked but have required no adjustments in 51,000 miles since new.

I'd consider selling it to Yamaha for a museum ... I've enjoyed it for 25 years so maybe it's time to share.

Just my mind wandering here. Wonder if any of these bikes will be here in another twenty five years. Hardy and Norm could probably get big bucks for their "survivors". What do you suppose we will be doing for Parts? Sean and Kyle could be retired on NOS Vmax parts. Me I'm guessing I will have willed my collection to my nephew and I am dead.

Will the World be here in 25 years?????? Maybe..... 25 years is a long time until it's gone...

My Son's in Alaska. He's gonna hate me if I die on him. Too many toys to sell or move...:biglaugh: He'll have to move to Florida to sell toys...:rofl_200:

Back