oldest V-MAX

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2219 here, whats that make mine? iether way, man it's sure nice to hear from some other 85's out there.

I may still be the "oldest VMAX rider" at 72. 1/16/40.
I was unable to ride much since owning the '94, bought about 4 yrs. ago;
as I was care giving to my wife, who passed 12-10-10.

Now, I intend to ride again! I work out at our YMCA to be in shape to handle the MAX.
If it starts to fall over, then where is the body strength? Beside picking the monster back up.

It's the old lady drivers that I fear. One pulled out in front of me to make a left 90 degree turn.
I was quick enough to avoid a crash, but I kicked her car & yelled some foulness at her.
She actually covered her eyes when she expected me to hit her car.
72 & still have what it takes to kick a car blocking my life to go another year of riding.

Jim from Martha's Vineyard

JamesG is my new hero ! I hope I am willing and able at his age BUT, I did start in 1986 does that count for sumpting? Yes the font is large, so what? You wanna piece "O" dis??? I think not...:punk:

Now, I intend to ride again! I work out at our YMCA to be in shape to handle the MAX.
If it starts to fall over, then where is the body strength? Beside picking the monster back up.

It's the old lady drivers that I fear. One pulled out in front of me to make a left 90 degree turn.
I was quick enough to avoid a crash, but I kicked her car & yelled some foulness at her.
72 & still have what it takes to kick a car blocking my life to go another year of riding.

:clapping::punk: you Sir are a true hero !:You_Rock:

JamesG, you are a legend!

Not to detract in any way, but this bought back a memory.
The only other '85 I have seen in my city was being ridden by a bloke in his 80's! I met him about 5 years ago when he saw my bike parked out in from of the shop in Fremantle. His bike was as decrepid as him. No dents or scratches, but probably not a single part worth salvaging! Paint looked paper thin. R/R mounted on an alloy plate in the breeze "because they get too bloody hot" He wasn't too sure, but said he'd done over 300 000 miles on it. I think he said he bought it over when it was new.
He had just returned from riding to Phillip Island to see the bike races. It is 3900km each way. He looked like he would blow down in a slight breeze, and I am still in awe of that old man. At the time he "wasn't allowed to be riding it" any more. "They" were trying to take it away.

The Vmax is probably what kept him alive. Bless him.

May God bless you for taking care of your wife and for your longevity. Congratulations on your long marriage and your dedication to living, instead of spending your time wasting-away in a chair. I have a friend who is a bit older than you, he gave-up riding not too-long ago. He had two V-Max'es I know of, along w/many other big-bore rides, including a Bandit 1200 & multiple H-D's. He is a USMC veteran.

What worries me a bit is this guy's claim to be the "oldest V-Max rider," and he's barely double-digits older than me...:confused2:

Hi there,

who is owning the oldest V-MAX??

is it known? maybe there's a list or anything?

it can be figured out according the frame number.

the last digits of the first frame-number was 000101
next 102 and so on.

it will be nice to know how many of our old

steel-pigs are still driving around.

with regards
across the pond
There was a trade school factory training vmax sold around Toronto a couple of years back that i was informed by seller was an 1984 serial number. Believe it or not. I'll look and see if I can find notes on it. MAXGZ.

My greatest respect to all senior Vmax riders! Cheers!!! I am just 46 (nearly a teenager compared with some of you).

I love this bike since I saw it for the Fisrt time being a child. I own mine since a couple of years now, and if anyone is telling me the contrary it looks I am riding the oldest rideable Vmax on earth, VIN number end 0150.

Is Canadian, I found it in UK far from running conditions. Took me 1 year and all my bank account, but it worth a penny.

Now I ride it in Spain. Well deserved retirement for this beast :)

Attachments

• PXL_20210901_052525091.jpg
    PXL_20210901_052525091.jpg
    214.4 KB · Views: 14
JH189 is correct - you just subtract 100 from your frame number.

0101 = 1
0110 = 10
0200 = 100
1100 = 1000

visual proof attached (up to frame #1101, bike 1001) - attached as PDF as spreadsheets are not allowed attachments.

Attachments

• VMAX-serials.pdf
    108.8 KB · Views: 14
Back