omg guys you aint gona belive this

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bravo Mr maxx. You did the right thing. You would been an a**hole if you had told him to pound sand a deals a deal. Some people speak before they think as some of the replys on here said to tell him a deals a deal n assumed he was trying to pull one over on you. This way you get to see the bikes condition and figure out the problem. If he's a new Max owner he may not have a clue n it could be something simple. Good luck Hope it all works out for the both of you.

And make sure he joins here someday! The mod monkey will need some answers questioned :biglaugh:

Bravo Mr maxx. You did the right thing. You would been an a**hole if you had told him to pound sand a deals a deal. Some people speak before they think as some of the replys on here said to tell him a deals a deal n assumed he was trying to pull one over on you. This way you get to see the bikes condition and figure out the problem. If he's a new Max owner he may not have a clue n it could be something simple. Good luck Hope it all works out for the both of you.

I agree, excellent post! You make me want to be a better man:biglaugh:

I was leaning both directions at once and may be "one of those guys". I want to believe everyones intentions are honorable, our consciences mean something to us. But have been burned before as well by someone with less than honorable intentions trying to pull a fast one.

I hope this turns out well for everyone. At worst it'll be an undo the deal situation and a sign maybe he needs to keep his bike anyway....:punk:

i got the water pump off last night. the seals are toast. new parts on the way. should be good ta go now.:punk: didnt really get too much antifreeze in the oil and it wasnt ridden so all should ok....ill change out the oil a couple times to clean her out.

thanks for all the advice and kind words everyone!!!

i got the water pump off last night. the seals are toast. new parts on the way. should be good ta go now.:punk: didnt really get too much antifreeze in the oil and it wasnt ridden so all should ok....ill change out the oil a couple times to clean her out.

thanks for all the advice and kind words everyone!!!

Good call on Sean's part! Resident Guru nails it again!

well we talked it over and he is gonna drop the bike off and let me fix it.
fine with me.

sometimes i wish i wasnt such a nice guy:rofl_200:. naaa not really :biglaugh:
IMO, That was definitely the Right thing to do.

You will need to change the oil 3-4 times probably to get it all cleaned out. Try and drain the oil from the mid gear area too to help get some of it out of there sooner (just pull the lower bolt in the mid gear cover - the one with the copper gasket).

Sean

I know for some of us a motorcycle purchase is allot of money new or used.. I know if it were me I'd want the seller to work w me on fixing the issue. I think it's the guys who buy a new bike every other week just to have it n that kinda cash is pocket change are most likely the ones who would have said sorry a deals a deal same as tipping food delivery the ones who have lots of money don't tip for crap where the ones who struggle daily give the best tips. Ask any delivery person. I myself never delivered but from what I been told it's true. I'm glad it worked out for the both of you and he wasn't out to screw you over. I always give a person the benefit of doubt.

You will need to change the oil 3-4 times probably to get it all cleaned out. Try and drain the oil from the mid gear area too to help get some of it out of there sooner (just pull the lower bolt in the mid gear cover - the one with the copper gasket).

Sean
will do!!! idk know what we"d do without you mr Sean:punk:

Ya done good Mr Maxx, not everyone wouldda been that understanding! I think that's deserving of a Nice Guy Award! :punk:
thanks Danny!!! i just wanted to do the right thing.

Glad it worked out like this. Thanks for treating the riding community right! You should take some photos of the work to prove that's all it was and that it's resolved to your buyer.

ok so last thursday i sell my bike . today the dude that bought my bike calls me an says the bike has a blown head gasket . he emailed me sum pix.....and shure unuff milkshake. he wants to bring the bike back . what should i do???? i shure as hell didnt know it had a BHG. unless during my very last ride it went out.....i cant be certain i guess. this dude seems pretty up n up but hey how do i know. what would you do???:ummm:
I can understand completely as I am driving 100 miles out to Orlando tomorrow. So I can look at the 85 I sold last week that was running perfeft & now keeps dying. i road it a couple hundred miles making sure it was right before I sold it & he gets 75 miles and it starts dying. so road trip for me tomorrow to.

I can understand completely as I am driving 100 miles out to Orlando tomorrow. So I can look at the 85 I sold last week that was running perfeft & now keeps dying. i road it a couple hundred miles making sure it was right before I sold it & he gets 75 miles and it starts dying. so road trip for me tomorrow to.[/QUOTE

Reserve fuel relay?

Good for you, probably 90% of people would have told the guy to pack sand, it was sold "as is", and any problems are the buyer's responsibility. Legally you were obliged to do nothing. But it shows that you weren't trying to hide problems, trying to "pawn it off" before it went bad. People that are very uncooperative about resolving issues probably knew about the problems beforehand, or were selling the vehicle to avoid having to fix them.

Can be tough to tell in cases like this especially when "in good faith" you had no idea anything was wrong at time of sale, and a problem suddenly popping up right after they get it can be suspect.

Back