OMG Help!

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

82ndCowboy

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sitting here in my clean garage drinking a frosty and I just noticed my #2 cylinder has got pushed over an inch. And its pushed number 4 out of whack too.
How in the hell do you fix this shit?20200926_235819.jpg

I'm sitting here in my clean garage drinking a frosty and I just noticed my #2 cylinder has got pushed over an inch. And its pushed number 4 out of whack too.
How in the hell do you fix this shit?View attachment 73035
Not clear on what you're complaining-of? Can you use a drawing program to show us what you mean (like the arrow)?

VMax 82 Airborne engine push-over.jpg

Methinks you're pulling our (collective) legs, as the conn rods sit next-to each-other, so the front cylinders sit offset compared to the rear cylinders. See the middle left pic, on the #2 attachment I posted, not-including your attachment.

VMax engine cyl numbers 1-4.png

If this continues to bother you, 'just say, 'no' to the sauce.'

Last edited:
If you look at the back carb it looks turned which I don't know how that could be.

If you look at the back carb it looks turned which I don't know how that could be.
Shooting using the camera set on a 'fisheye' setting would do that. I assume he has a cellphone he's using to take and to upload pics. In the 'old days' of 35 mm SLR cameras, you'd use something like an 18 mm or 24 mm lens to get that effect. Now, it's just software.

I believe he is just joking with you guys. BUT as the screenshots of the manual show above there is an offset in cylinders (which is equal to the rod thickness that shifts the bores so the rods can stay in their centers).

I believe he is just joking with you guys. BUT as the screenshots of the manual show above there is an offset in cylinders (which is equal to the rod thickness that shifts the bores so the rods can stay in their centers).
Yes, that's why I posted the screenshot from the VMX12 factory manual.

Facts solve problems, end debates, and set the record straight. Pay-attention when the little dog barks. Chicanery afoot!

Toto exposes the Wizard.jpg

Back