On Vacation

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Calimus

Reaction score
So the wife and I just started 2 glorious weeks of vacation. Are we off to some other state, another country perhaps. Hell no. We are jumping on the bikes and taking day rides through the northern part of Georgia. Playing in the foot-hills.

Today was mostly just around town since my wife has been sick for the last week and therefore hasn't been able to ride her bike. Two weeks ago she took and passed her MSF course so we are just waiting for the certificate to come in the mail to get her full license.

Tomorrow I think we will actuall make a trip to Elijay which is the apple capitol of the state. We plan to enjoy the views, pick some apples and maybe see if we can find a nice cabin to rent for the night as Saturday is our 5th wedding anniversary.

We will be taking the camera with us, so expect some pics at some point saturday night. The leaves are starting to turn and so the pics should be fantastic.

Yes, sounds great! Looking forward to seeing pics. Take care and enjoy.

p.s.: We have snow on the ground this morning... eeeesssshhhh!

G Man

You should remove Buffalo from your vacation plans unless you have snow tires! LOL. :snow:

Welp, we didn't make the trip to Elijay. My wife had a laps in health and so she's been caughing up a storm all day and with today not getting out of the low 60's, I dind't want to take a chance in her getting worse.

So, we'll have to do it another day. Possibly tomorrow if she's feeling better.

My wife is feeling better and worse now, thanks for asking, here's the details.

Yesterday the 14th was our 5th anniversary so we jumped on the bikes, rode to the local coffee house and then rode through a nice area where the leaves were turning. Stupid us, we forgot to take the camera. Made the trip back home, got ready and went to a nice dinner out our favorite greek/indian resturant. Ate too damn much and retired at home for the nite.

Got up today, weather was a bit warmer so we jumped back on the bikes and made the 80 miles trek to Blue Ridge. This time we did take the camera but only snapped a few shots which will be posted below.

Had lunch in blue ridge then figured we'd head back. Made a stop in Jasper which is about the halfway point and I figured it was time for a short break so we pulled into a little strip mall area and it happened. As my wife was pulling into the same parking space I was in she managed to pull in at an odd angle & lost her balance, she and the bike went down.

She seems to have sprained her right ankle pretty bad (hence the feeling worse part I mentioned above) but aside from that she's in good shape. The bike only sufered a broken brake lever and some slight scratching on the belly pan. However, she's a trooper and after siting for about 15min, she got back on the bike and we made it the remaining 40miles home.

Oddly enough, she bitched not about her ankle hurting bur rather this red sedan that kept us slow through some choice twisties on the way back. An to top it all off, she's wanting to only give her ankle a day or two before getting back on the bike dispite what the Doc may have to say about it.

Damn I love that woman!

Here's the pics from the day.

Ga mountains around Ellijay
P1010766.sized.jpg

P1010767.sized.jpg

My wife on her SV in sport touring mode
P1010768.sized.jpg

Gotta get the Max in on the action
P1010770.sized.jpg

An now for the pain. First, "The Ankle"
P1010771.sized.jpg

The brake lever
P1010772.sized.jpg

The belly pan
P1010773.sized.jpg

Thats it for today. Pretty sure thats not going to be it for the remainder of the vacation though. She's very determined to get back on the bike and enjoy the senic views.

Last edited:
damn, sorry to hear about the pain. But any vacation is better than work, right?

Where did you get that tank bag on your Max from?

KRL0215 said:
damn, sorry to hear about the pain. But any vacation is better than work, right?

This is very true. Today has been gloomy and rainy so we went and hit a BBQ place that opened about a month ago. Great food. Had to take one of the cages though.

Mabchewy: I picked up the tank back at my local Yamaha dealer. It's a Nelson-Rigg model CL 300 or CL 350. It ran me $42 at the dealer, but you might be able to find it a tad cheaper elsewhere.

It's doesn't hold a hell of a lot, but then I don't need it to. It hold my hat, 1 or 2 bottles of water, my cell phone & garage door opener. It has a map pocket and some other little pockets on the inside. All in all it's very handy and it allows me to still see the tach/temp/idiot lights.

So it's been a while. The wife's foot is doing much better and today she jumped on the sv to see if she could handle the weight. She can and so we decided to meet up with a bunch of local bikers.

We spent about 2 hours washing up the bikes as neither one has had a bath in months. Then, murphy dropped in. Not an hour before we were to set out, the heavens opened up and put out just enough of a rain that my wife wouldn't ride due to the fact she didn't want to slip and tear her ankle back up. She could care less about getting wet.

So we took one of the cages and had a good time with about 8 other folks that made it out. Meet some new ppl and found a few that want to take a shot at the max with their 600cc rockets, all in fun.

Next few weeks should provide some stories I'm sure.

Some new pics from Saturday.

P1010785.sized.jpg

P1010786.sized.jpg

P1010794.sized.jpg

P1010788.sized.jpg

P1010790.sized.jpg

P1010791.sized.jpg

Tomorrow is the last day of vacation and if all goes well we are taking another trip into the mountains. Unfortunatly the weather seems to be against us and so we will prollie be in one of the cars. Either way, the colors of the leaves are really starting to become vivid so the pics should be great.

Last edited:
Looks like great country! BTW, you're bike is too clean! lol

Ahh, the wonders of camera's from a distance. That area that we went through in those pics has to be the home of every single damn bug in the world. The wife and I actually had to stop twice to clean off our visors it was so bad. Seemed to be mostly gnats but there were plenty of moths and crap out there as well.

I had washed the bike a few days prior to the pics but thats only the 2nd time I've washed it since I've owned it. Most of the time is rather filthy. My motto is, if I have time to clean it, I have time to ride it.

Latest posts

Back