One cylinder running Rich

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dannymax said that is a stock needle configuration and he is the resident carburetion expert; a white nylon washer with the plastic tit on it has a purpose: the plastic tit goes in a hole below the plastic washer. The various jetting kits have adjustable needles usually five slots into which the e-clip can go. If you look at the stage 7 needle you will see that it is longer, it has five slots , and has a smaller taper to it rather than the blunt taper of the OEM shorter stock needle having a single slot. If you are running the stage 7 jetting you need the braided metal hose going to the oil filler to prevent pressurizing the crankcase and venting into the air box. If you are running the stock jetting you do not need that. A common way to use the stock spring but to shorten it was to take a few coils and some safety wire and tie the coils together in two or three places to effectively shorten its functional length.

No not bikes w/o centerstands from the factory that I've heard of.

With the four mounting tabs for the center stand, one needs to be totally removed and the other one on the same side can be heated and bent to provide necessary clearance. In that fashion you have one less tab to reweld should you decide to return it to stock.
I'll try to get a good photo of it later on of The underneath but I don't see any tabs at all in the swing arm area , I don't really need to put it the center stand on but I wanted to keep it all stock and sometimes I just don't trust the side stand

Dannymax said that is a stock needle configuration and he is the resident carburetion expert; a white nylon washer with the plastic tit on it has a purpose: the plastic tit goes in a hole below the plastic washer. The various jetting kits have adjustable needles usually five slots into which the e-clip can go. If you look at the stage 7 needle you will see that it is longer, it has five slots , and has a smaller taper to it rather than the blunt taper of the OEM shorter stock needle having a single slot. If you are running the stage 7 jetting you need the braided metal hose going to the oil filler to prevent pressurizing the crankcase and venting into the air box. If you are running the stock jetting you do not need that. A common way to use the stock spring but to shorten it was to take a few coils and some safety wire and tie the coils together in two or three places to effectively shorten its functional length.
The bike came with a stage 7 kit with the tapered needles a bunch of jets the k&n filters and a braided hose to the oil fill cap plus some shorter slide springs but I don't plan on putting it on

On the center stand I don't understand it I see the tab underneath where the spring goes but I don't see any tabs at all for the throughbolt for the center stand, I don't see anything that looks like it was cut off or grinded off or anything I'll try to get a photo later I'd like to get it on if I can but I don't really have too, if somebody out there has their center stand on which I'm sure someone does and get me a photo of underneath that would be great thanks guys

No I have the spring, I sent you my address start a conversation let me know if you got it

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back