One for the guitar players

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know there are a few on here that play guitar. I wonder what you make of this - I can't play but this sounds like a decent attempt.
very nice stuff.
keep twanging away man it’s good for the soul.

I know there are a few on here that play guitar. I wonder what you make of this - I can't play but this sounds like a decent attempt.

PS anyone know where it was filmed, possibly Greece?

Rome

PS anyone know where it was filmed, possibly Greece?

You need a few months to play like him.

Why a left hand guitar?

That's impressive and humbling. Makes you realise the things we take for granted, like eyes, arms, legs and how lucky we are.

the guy looks like a drag addict. Is he still alive?
He could probably do with a good bath, but who knows, maybe he is a turner during the day cutting dirty cast iron crankshafts! :)

Just my take on the guy is that he does a good job. It's very difficult to imitate David Gilmour and get away with it lightly as there is normally someone else in the audience who can do it all better than yourself, and some people listen to his stuff thousands of times over so you get ripped to shreds by the crowds if you drop one note! David Gilmour had a gift where he could make four simple notes sound incredible with improvising.

I've just started playing again after 25 years and spent the last few weeks fiddling with a guitar, new effects processor, amps, and recording software, and managed to finish today a self recording in MP3 David Bowie Soul Love, it will not get me into the Hall of Fame but it is great fun and very rewarding when the skills start to build up. The hours disappear and keeps you out the cookie jar during the day too. Hopefully I'll get onto Lynard Skynard, Boston, Firehouse and more within the next few weeks, making more self recordings.

It's never too late in life to lift a guitar and start twanging away. 🎸

I've just started playing again after 25 years and spent the last few weeks fiddling with a guitar, new effects processor, amps, and recording software, and
this is very interesting, because about a year ago I decided to learn to sing.
I use "Audacity" and "Open shot" video editor. I would like to see your video or listen your music. Link please?

Why a left hand guitar?

That's impressive and humbling. Makes you realise the things we take for granted, like eyes, arms, legs and how lucky we are.

It is actually a right handed guitar with a reverse headstock. He is picking with his right foot and fretting with the left.

I was so impressed by his tone, ability to tap and the fact he ripped the solos...well, everything was impressive. Imagine the amount of practicing and ingenuity to come up with his technique.

It is actually a right handed guitar with a reverse headstock. He is picking with his right foot and fretting with the left.

I was so impressed by his tone, ability to tap and the fact he ripped the solos...well, everything was impressive. Imagine the amount of practicing and ingenuity to come up with his technique.
The first time I seen this make of guitar from a distance I thought the strings had been reversed, then I thought the neck is upside down (eh, that can’t be done), then I thought it’s left handed and the scratch plate electrics and strap holder were reversed, then I clicked it’s the headstock machined at the top rather than the bottom as above. I’ve been looking for a headstock style for my £54 Harley Benson Linseed Oil guitar, and it looks like I’ve found it. 😀

Practice practice practice practice, and more practice makes perfect.

this is very interesting, because about a year ago I decided to learn to sing.
I use "Audacity" and "Open shot" video editor. I would like to see your video or listen your music. Link please?
That’s brilliant man. Good on you for starting something new at a later age (assume similar to myself at 60). I’ve made a recent observation that people our age are just not accepting sitting watching the telly all day and night but getting up and doing things.

I’m trying to fit in the new fangled methods of achieving good recordings in a bedroom, so far it’s not went too well with placing microphones, adjusting software, sound disappearing 😂, new effects processor, phew the list goes on as it’s an expensive game.

So my recent recording is practice to try and get used to the new equipment I’m surrounded with. It involved playing acoustic from electric guitar, trying to get good guitar effects through a processor then amps and microphone, and I have not nailed it yet, maybe I’m using the wrong gear, I just don’t know. You are welcome to listen to it and criticise so I can improve the sounds and recording methods.

I do not have a link, but I’m open to any other method of sending you my file. Mr Magerly666 has a suggestion as maybe I’m processing by a wrong method.

Latest posts

Back