one shop stop

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shorthair88

Reaction score
Hey everybody,
Been a long time since ive posted, Im going to order a few things for my 09, things like eliminator kit for the damn bat wings on the rear fender-possibly back rest-rear rack-bags-wind shield-ect. i want to order all of it at once! from the same supplier and I want to get a better price by doing it this way. what site do you recommend? oh and iether reflash my ecu or order yammies racing ecu.

thanx fellas.

Shorthair.........

I am not sure how much of that we can get but I know we can get the Yamaha stuff (though the racing ecu I think was discontinued).

Sean

Hey Shorthair88,
Been doing most the same with my 10 Gen2 as you're planning since last April. Problem is, there isn't one supplier for all the things you want to do. I ended up buying a Tidy tail Fender Eliminator per the recommendation from a fellow Gen2 rider. Found one on Ebay for $58. My bike came with the OEM back rest-rear rack-bags-wind shield ; ended up selling the bags... wasnt for me. As for the ECU reflash / retune .... Yamaha isn't selling the race ECU anymore. Strongly recommend you visit Tim Nash's site: http://guruedgear.com/index.php for reflash info. He's the best for this IMHO.

Good call KosRider on visiting with Tim Nash on products! The man really knows his stuff and if he doesn't have it, he knows someone who does!! :eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

If you're looking for Yamaha accessories the best prices I found were from Yamaha Sports Plaza (http://www.yamahasportsplaza.com/oe...iser_2009_vmax/star_accessories-billet_chrome), but they hit you pretty hard on shipping and the Nash Flash seems to be universally highly regarded by everyone that has had it done (I haven't done it yet, but I probably will as soon as KosRider gives me his review of the Mark's mid-pipe/Nash Flash install :biglaugh:). I got my under-tail piece from Corbin - it was ridiculously expensive and had a loooong lead time, but I preferred the more "finished" look it has over the tidy-tail and I wanted to keep the factory turn signals.

Scott

I went with the No-Mar fender eliminator, comes with turn signal brackets for smaller aftermarket turn signals if desired.
As for the backrest, the Yamaha one was too short for my wife to feel safe on. So, I got this one from Exactrep with optional rack. Powdercoated steel is a little stronger than the aluminum Yamaha one is (saw a broken Yamaha one at Deal's Gap last year).
I can take it on/off in about 5-minutes, since I don't like to run it when the wife isn't going to be with me.
Backrestrack.jpg

Backrestsideclose.jpg

I bit the bullet and purchased the UFO eliminator kit albeit expensive. I wanted a very clean look. Install was pretty straight forward once I got my head out of my ass.

Attachments

• IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 42
  • IMAG0091[1].jpg
    IMAG0091[1].jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 45

Latest posts

Back