Only running on one cylinder

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fire-medic

Staff member
Reaction score
Can you help me trouble-shoot this? It started running on only one cylinder. I thnk it's a carb issue...:rofl_200: Those damn Dellortos!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 32
Interesting! And to think I spent a fair amount of time this weekend attempting to find a vacuum port on an R90S with Dellorto's! With both jugs attached of course!

Before I bought my VMax, I owned a 60th Anniversary BMW R100RT. It had 40 mm Bing carbs, and I had the heads double-plugged, ran a DYNA coil ignition to the 4 plugs, a K&N filter, Konis, rebuilt all the 3 Brembos, and installed a Luftmeister black chrome ceramic 2/1 exhaust. I ran Michelin radials, and though it had one of those stupid DOT-mandated 85 mph speedos (useless after topping 3rd gear), I used to be able to get the front end 'wherever' just by the torque, on the throttle in 1st. It took a built big-twin H-D to beat me, stockers were "bye-bye, baby!"

It had great hard luggage, and was very comfortable. Sadly, I never did any touring on it. I bought it w/6500 miles on it, and that's a story in itself, how I came to buy it.

One of my favorite things about it was that the paint job I gave it was pearl white tank, seat pan, and fenders, and a candy-apple red fairing. It had a tall, wide windshield, which did a great job. I found that when riding on the interstate if I pulled-up behind someone, they would often pull to the right quickly. I finally realized the windshield, upright seating, and color made it look like a cop bike!

I enjoyed that bike a lot, but soon bought a VMax w/1700 mi, one year-old, and rode the BMW less and less. Why? "Blame it on the VBoost" (sung to the tune of, "Blame It on the Bossa Nova.")

Interesting! And to think I spent a fair amount of time this weekend attempting to find a vacuum port on an R90S with Dellorto's! With both jugs attached of course!

Back