Ontario / Toronto. Introduction

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostntheshell

Reaction score
Hey folks.

I am looking at buying my first bike. Period. I realize that everyone says the vmax is not for beginners. I understand that, and respect it - but I am still likely to purchase one in the very near future.

Just saying hi and I will likely have a few more max questions within a week or so :)

I drove dirt bikes for a few years - but I am not stupid enough to think driving a 80cc Honda is gonna be anything like a monster Vmax.

It's funny - I was around a vmax my entire teen life. My friends dad drove one as his main transportation in the summer. I wasn't into bikes - so I never really thought much about it.
Fast forward 15 years. My friends father ended up with two maxes - and was thinking about selling one - and when he started it up for me - i fell in love with it instantly! It has the most amazing sound I have ever heard from a bike. It had some sort of custom exhaust - and it really got me hooked.
________
weed vaporizers

Last edited:
Baby steps..........and a really slow hand on the throttle.Get used to the weight of the bike and how it handles. Take a riding course if you can. There is lots available in the states if your close to the border.
Take care and Keep it shiny side up.

I second the sentiment to take your time and learn the bike. Until you get some seat time keep your hand out of the throttle. Ride to your experience and by all means take the riding course.

I was considering a honda nighthawk 650 to start with, but I just can't seem to shake the max :)

I appreciate the tips :)

I am going to be taking the riders course available here - and I don't intend to hit v-boost until next season ;)

Baby steps as was mentioned ;)
________
H2

Last edited:
I was considering a honda nighthawk 650 to start with, but I just can't seem to shake the max :)

I appreciate the tips :)

I am going to be taking the riders course available here - and I don't intend to hit v-boost until next season ;)

Baby steps as was mentioned ;)

it won't make that big of a difference, but you could disconnect vboost or get a tboost to turn it off....

could also throw a shift light on it and set it for like 4k or something...

I second the sentiment to take your time and learn the bike. Until you get some seat time keep your hand out of the throttle. Ride to your experience and by all means take the riding course.

I think we should put him on your bike as an introduction to the VMax! :clapping:

Hmmm, somehow I think Snowmax is for the advanced course part of training only!:biglaugh:

nah i think snowmax is too tame... i think starting out on a 2k9 is the best bet!:rofl_200::rofl_200:

Back