oo stock dyno

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lightfoot

Reaction score
last year bought a 00 vmax with 10k with a 4-2-1 Kerker exhaust. i put on Delkevic front header, and rear stock header and put on cobra slip on. I just like the look of dual exhausts(4 pipes). Hear is the results of dyno before and after, i am guessing it's been rejetted with the Kerker exhaust. i did not rejet with cobra ex. Had problem with left rear slip on, only go on 1/8 in. Cobra said i doing something wrong.lol. After reading what i can do to increase hp on a stock motor does not look like i can do much, KN filters,carb syn? :ummm:

Attachments

• ScannedImage.jpg
    ScannedImage.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 232
  • ScannedImage-2.jpg
    ScannedImage-2.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 181
Your sheet shows a very low reading for a Kerker 4-2-1 if it was jetted properly. It should've been a lot closer to 120hp.

OTOH, your reading with stock headers (delkevic are stock size I believe) and Cobra slipons is very good indeed - usually Cobras sap the power quite a lot.

If you like their look then you have to live with less power. If you want more power you need to put the Kerker back on and check your jetting - Stage 7 or Morley's jet kit will help.

KN Filters will do nothing, but a good carb synch is ALWAYS a good idea. Won't usually improve power, but will make for much smoother running.

Thanks naughty G for the tip. Dyno guy told me most guys can't feel under 5 hp lost, so for now i'll stick to what i got. He also told me he dyno so many HD bike with short str pipes with less HP. He try's to tell them they need little back pressure to gain HP. Also thanks to Sean for fast right on parts.

Latest posts

Back