oops, 2 bikes in 1 week.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jinks

Reaction score
I went buy a garage sale today and seen a motorcycle. Its a 2007 Suzuki Marauder 250 with only 750kms on the odometer. Its like brand new. the lady said she road it the first year she bought it and it sat in the garage ever since. I told her I wasn't interested and I had no use for a bike that small. She told me they were moving to an apartment and had No place to store it, and it was going to cost her $80 bucks a month at the storage place. I felt bad for her but didn't want the bike, or the money tied up till spring. She said she had it listed since june and no one was interested. I told her I already had 3 bikes, but she pleaded with me to buy hers................I did LOL. I'm a sucker. I paid $600 for it. I walked back to her house , with an expired licence plate, cash & helmet in hand and headed out to the highway. It tops out at 133kms "83mph" LOL. I was impressed..and FROZEN. Now what the hell do I do with it.!

00000000000000000000%20001_zps0hbhrhw5.jpg

I think I might offer it to my neighbour mike. he stopped ridding a few years ago,...his Goldwing was just getting to much for him "70 years old". But he still comes over to shop every day to see what I'm building or fixing. I know he missis ridding,..and this would be a nice light bike for him.

Bikes like that are great for training people to ride, as TX ss tornado mentioned; not really enough power to be a hazard, low & light enough to be easily held upright (as long as you remember to put your feet down when you come to a stop, don't laugh, I've seen it happen when someone didn't), low cost of operations/maintenance & insurance. If you really wanted to, you could disassemble that and throw it into your trunk, but if you have air shocks, it's light enough to install one of those bumper hitch transverse bike carriers behind almost anything but a SMART fortwo.

I've had a few tiddlers like that but always ended up selling them to someone who just wanted a small, unintimidating bike.

I've had two guys approaching 70 (I'm not far behind them) who were H-D riders, who bought H-D trikes and who love them, no need to put your feet down! Sure, sell it to the neighbor guy.

Eighty-three MPH is what my brand-new Yamaha 360 Enduro would do when I bought it, me sitting bolt-upright. If I did the mile flattrack crouch, I could get it to maybe 90, as long as it wasn't uphill, and no headwind.

They had those bikes at the rider training course I took a few years back. Doesn't take much of a lean angle to start shooting sparks of em while going around some cones.

Great 1st bike for someone. Looks clean. I'm sure it could be sold for 3X what you paid fairly easily.

Well mike likes it....he just has to convince his wife. He suggested trading me his Toro 8hp snowblower and $500 cash. I could defiantly use a snowblower LOL. we shall see.

I may have a set of carbs to soup that up, off a GS500, maybe you could get it to 88, and make a time warp jump when you hit the wire hanging from the village square steeple, when the lightning hits.
ClickHandler.ashx

Mike took the bike. now I'm the proud owner of a winter snow machine. It will get way more use than the Suzy for sure. I can just see it.......all my retired neighbours are gonna want me to do their places too, LOL.
A couple priming pushes, and it cranked right up. Chains on the tires for traction.

snowblower%20001_zpsngjnzl46.jpg

Now I'm off to look at a 1998 Honda Magna project. will let you know what happens.

We always had TORO's when I lived in the snow belt. Looks like a unit in good shape.

One time I found a rat in the garage, middle of the winter, it was trapped in a barrel & couldn't jump out though it was trying. A fat Norwegian rat! I was waiting by the house for the school bus, and here comes the bus! The dog was outside, a mutt, part golden retriever, and as I ran to the bus, I tipped over the barrel, and pulled the garage door shut. The rat took off down the driveway like a cannon shot, w/the dog in hot pursuit. I didn't see what happened.

That evening, I was home from school, and had to plow the driveway so my father could get up the steep incline when he arrived from work. I was about halfway done using the TORO, when, clunk! I backed the snowblower up, and went around to see what I had hit. There was the rat, eviscerated, frozen solid, lying on the bottom of the coat of snow left on the driveway. The dog had killed it, and left it where it lay, until I hit it w/the TORO. It had ~10 hours to turn into a rat-sicle and to be coated w/snow. My dad always warned me about 'breaking the shear pin,' so I was glad the rat-sicle didn't. Up by Lake Ontario which we could see from our house, in the distance on a cold clear day. Days like that were powerful motivators to leave the Snow Belt behind, and to move closer to the Equator, in south FL.

Great story Fire medic LOL.
Yea the winters are harsh here for sure, and the older I get...the colder they are.
I was in orlando 5 years ago and did NOT want to come home. We went to Melbourne beach and were playing in the ocean, but no one else would go in. It was 62 degrees in November and they thought it was to cold. So us crazy Canadians spent the whole day splashing around. I thought it was GREAT !! Later we went to OLD TOWN and had a blast . What a neat place.

Back