Open Borders

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a113ycat

Reaction score
Well thanks to the sequester the president signed into law and then denied, The first to get sent home was the boarder patrol 60,000 in all

At least we still have our guns. There is going to be a HUGE crime rate increase due to this....

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/un.../2013/03/07/id/493747?s=al&promo_code=12B55-1

:bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head::bang head:

Let 'em come. It's a good opportunity to test land mines, sniper rifles, etc.

I work for customs and Border protection. Were a smaller site in Buffalo NY mainly doing customs work but our guys got Furlough notices this week. Its not that bad. Yes it sucks for the familys to be missing 2 pay days a month but its not like everyone is not working the whole day. They are taking turns as in one person a day will have to take an unpaid day off. and its only 2 days a month. Now bigger places might have a couple people a day but its not like they wont be patroling the border during Furlough. No i work in the Air division and I guess all across the US there not flying to partol unless there is a call out of some sort that ground agents need an aircraft. It sucks on my half that im twiddling my fingers yet doesnt suck because im still getting paid to.... ( Polish Vmax parts) but the media makes it worse than it is. Our Government is messed up and there is alot of wasted money. Like when Fiscal year coming to an end if there is any budget left for Fuel they fly everything just to fly because if they dont use there budget they loose the money they dont use. Which is BS there should be a fixed budget and if you dont use all the budget you should get a pat on the back and the same budget the next year not loose the money the next year.

I work for customs and Border protection. Were a smaller site in Buffalo NY mainly doing customs work but our guys got Furlough notices this week. Its not that bad. Yes it sucks for the familys to be missing 2 pay days a month but its not like everyone is not working the whole day. They are taking turns as in one person a day will have to take an unpaid day off. and its only 2 days a month. Now bigger places might have a couple people a day but its not like they wont be patroling the border during Furlough. No i work in the Air division and I guess all across the US there not flying to partol unless there is a call out of some sort that ground agents need an aircraft. It sucks on my half that im twiddling my fingers yet doesnt suck because im still getting paid to.... ( Polish Vmax parts) but the media makes it worse than it is. Our Government is messed up and there is alot of wasted money. Like when Fiscal year coming to an end if there is any budget left for Fuel they fly everything just to fly because if they dont use there budget they loose the money they dont use. Which is BS there should be a fixed budget and if you dont use all the budget you should get a pat on the back and the same budget the next year not loose the money the next year.

Matt,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop, this way we hear it from the horses mouth :punk:

G

Government is messed up and there is alot of wasted money. Like when Fiscal year coming to an end if there is any budget left for Fuel they fly everything just to fly because if they dont use there budget they loose the money they dont use. Which is BS there should be a fixed budget and if you dont use all the budget you should get a pat on the back and the same budget the next year not loose the money the next year.

Govt is big business. Big business operates in the same manner. I see it all the time in our industry. Our customers will be pumping out RFQ's at a fairly steady rate for the first 3 qtr's of the year. When the 4 qtr hits, the amount of RFQ's in October triple. You would think Nov and Dec are the 2 months you don't want to be doing this kind of work but that is when we get the busiest....Been that way every year since I started here 13+ years ago.

In the middle of December they will ask you to invoice for anything that you possibly can and typically tell you to invoice for work that is started but not yet complete and please have the invoices dated no later than the 22nd.

Back