Open v boost.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

run990

Reaction score
I am trying to derestrict my japanese import vmax ,I have replaced the slides and bored thru the v boost block off pipes .I had to put the needles on the bottom clip and have the pilot screws 4.5 to 5 turns out to get an acceptable idle .
I bought some UK spec idle jets that were exactly the same as the ones fitted . The bike goes well if you keep it above 2000rpm below that you need to feather the throttle and it is very jerky.
I derestricted a 90bhp UK bike in the past swapped the slides and bored the vboost blocks and it ran great with a better idle and low end than the japanese one I have now .
Any ideas before I block the vboost blocks up again and just run without thanks

The pilot circuit is clean and the pilot jets are the same as a full power machine.
I was wondering if the ignition module had a different advance curve for the japanese market as it has a speed limiter built into it which others do not .
I am going to try it with the vacuum switch disconnected as it is worse at periods of high vacuum.

Carb Jets.jpg

You also need to make sure the basics are right. Now that you have opened up the V Boost connecting tubes is how to balance the carbs?

These are the ignition units I'm aware of but there may be others.

Ignition units.jpg

Not sure if that helps.

Last edited:
Finally sorted it ,disconnected the ignition vac switch and blanked the manifold off now perfect idle and perfect transition to on and off the throttle .What I think was the problem was too much advance at idle and with open v boost uneven pulses giving the weird Jerky uneven overun

Latest posts

Back