Opinions on this Venture I've been eyeballing.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am way late on this but I like both bikes like everyone said the Venture performs better but aftermarket parts market is way better for the wing. I am on my 3rd 1500 wing now and from what I have seen the wing motors last even longer than the ventures.

I know there are plenty of wings out there with over 300,000 miles & a couple with 500,000 . I had one I sold before I left Texas that had 178,000 on it & ran like the day it was new. I definitely would not call the 1500 fast but I don't consider it extremely slow either & they corner decent to nce you get used to them.

I would never be afraid to own a Honda, car or bike. Fact is they make simply amazing products. I read about a 4th gear issue that creeps up in some of them but easy to spot on a test ride. I have complete faith in Honda for just about anything they want to design and build. The only issue I had yesterday is after a few minutes there was no place to put my legs where I was comfortable.

I just hit an unexpected expense which cut my tourbike budget in half, I'm not sure I can afford a decent GL1500 unless I can find a taker to trade my Matco box for one. I'm not in a huge hurry and have some work scheduled this month. I would really like to get my hands on a Venture for a little while but there is absolutely nothing locally.

I would never be afraid to own a Honda, car or bike. Fact is they make simply amazing products. I read about a 4th gear issue that creeps up in some of them but easy to spot on a test ride. I have complete faith in Honda for just about anything they want to design and build. The only issue I had yesterday is after a few minutes there was no place to put my legs where I was comfortable.

I just hit an unexpected expense which cut my tourbike budget in half, I'm not sure I can afford a decent GL1500 unless I can find a taker to trade my Matco box for one. I'm not in a huge hurry and have some work scheduled this month. I would really like to get my hands on a Venture for a little while but there is absolutely nothing locally.

Yes 4th gear is easy to spot just like 2nd on a Vmax they updated the transmission in 96 but I would still not be scared of an older one the one I have now is an 88 & they pop up pretty reasonable a good bit but hey what ever you like they are both great bikes. I do have an aftermarket seat that is more narrow at the front that help out & I have the adjustable hiway pegs. It is a little wide but I got used to it pretty quick.

Back