Opps, motorcycly ride gone wrong.

VMAX  Forum

Help Support VMAX Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's nut-jobs like those that give all us "bikers" a bad name. If the SUV driver did something wrong initially, the offended biker should have called it quits after a couple hand jestures. When the one biker pulled in front and brake-checked the SUV, he put all their lives at risk. Even if 99.9% of those bikers went along for the "show" only, and had no ill intent, the SUV driver had no way of knowing that. Had he been armed, someone would have (rightfully) been shot when they went to pull him from his ride.
Had I been driving the SUV, I'd have been using reverse for a better knockdown ratio, and more than a few would have been smeared into the guardrail along the way.

The SUV driver apparently had his wife and 2 year old in the car so maybe just letting them dickheads just roll by would have been a better choice. Sometimes you just have to be a little wiser and just accept that people are assholes especially with the family in the car. He's not to bright himself.

That sort of sportbike swarm happens here in St. Louis on Labor Day weekend for Ride of the Century. Best thing to do is slow down and just let them all by. This video really made me think of that initial lessons you get in the MSF course:

1> It's rarely just *one* person's fault.
2> All it takes is one action to break the chain that leads to accidents.

It's nut-jobs like those that give all us "bikers" a bad name. If the SUV driver did something wrong initially, the offended biker should have called it quits after a couple hand jestures. When the one biker pulled in front and brake-checked the SUV, he put all their lives at risk. Even if 99.9% of those bikers went along for the "show" only, and had no ill intent, the SUV driver had no way of knowing that. Had he been armed, someone would have (rightfully) been shot when they went to pull him from his ride.
Had I been driving the SUV, I'd have been using reverse for a better knockdown ratio, and more than a few would have been smeared into the guardrail along the way.

+1 his wife should have been calling 911. It dose piss me off when I see people riding like that.

+1 his wife should have been calling 911. It dose piss me off when I see people riding like that.

Apparently, it is being reported that HE WAS CALLING 911 (early on) to report their irratic riding, and that is why the first couple bikers began harassing him.

It looks to me like the bikers were looking for a confrontation and kept picking at the driver. I don't blame him for running over the biker that was trying to box him in. Put yourself in his shoes, definite feeling of helplessness and threat to his family.

My reactions would have gotten me the high score here - http://www.vmaxforum.net/arcade.php?&act=Arcade&do=play&gameid=12

If one of the riders caught the "whole" thing, the news ain't showing it. Whatever happened before that idiot brake checked the SUV is really irrelevant. One of the advantages we have on a bike is to accelerate away from a problem. They were all on sport bikes. That's what they should have done. You can see the guy in the range rover slam the brakes. No match for that Suzuki.
I've flipped my fair share of cars off, I may or may not have lost some pocket change on someone's hood, but if I ever acted like those idiots did I'd expect to get shot or run the fuck over.

Those idiots on the sport bikes had better be spending time in church thanking God above that this guy was more concerned about his family than fighting back.

A 650lb sport bike and rider is no match for a 4000+ lb Range Rover. Had the driver wanted to he could have made the 7-10 split with a couple of those douche bags and smeared a few more along the guardrail. Even when they had him cornered in traffic and were bashing his driver's window in, he still could have thrown it into reverse and mowed down about 10 of them stacked up behind him. Just a bunch of fucking idiots.

The news tonight said that the guy he did run over is paralyzed...You know I just can't generate any empathy for him....He decided to participate a very dangerous game of chicken, and lost....lost big time. We will see how well he keeps his bad ass "I'm gonna fuck you up" attitude when he needs a nurse to change his diaper every time he shits himself...for the rest of his life.

Recently in the news was one of the Bikers is/was an undercover cop who claimed he couldn't stop the others because of blowing his cover. Then video has him as one of the bikers pulling the guy out of the Landrover. He has been arrested and his picture on the front page of N.Y. newspapers. His cover is now blown along with his job.
David

Back